Lord of the Rings prequel TV series on Amazon

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lord of the Rings prequel TV series on Amazon

It is being reported that Amazon is going to make a TV series set in Middle-Earth.

https://www.theverge.com/2017/11/13/...elevision-show

Awesome! To me it's further proof that the classic movie industry is being overtaken by high budget shows made by on-demand companies.

You hearing this Disney? Show set in the Star Wars verse, something about the little people and their daily lives in the rise of the Empire era?
    "It's not right, this." : Anonymous studio tech on the killing of TopGear.

Comment

What I don't understand is how the Tolkien Estate went from being so vehemently opposed to Tolkien's works being filmed, to letting somebody create their own TV series set in Tolkien's world. They couldn't stop The Lord of the Rings and the Hobbit from being made because J.R.R. Tolkien had sold the rights before he died, but this new series would have required the Tolkien Estate's approval.

Comment

income from LOTR or the hobbit is running dry, so they're selling more and more filmingrights?

Comment

Is this still a thing?
          Me:
          2016 Dodge Charger R/T 5.7 8AT (aka Vladof) -- 3/15/2017-present
          2014 Dodge Charger SE 3.6 8AT (aka Dirk) -- 6/30/2014-03/15/2017

Wife:
          2015 Jeep Renegade Latitude 2.4L 4x2 9AT (aka Boop) -- 5/5/2015-present
          2012 Ford Fusion SE 2.5L FWD 6AT (aka Boco) -- ?/?/2012-5/5/2015 (<--Miss this car)

Originally posted by Mitchi
          Damn Panamera you fine as hell send nudes

Comment

Amazon spent $250 million acquiring the rights so I imagine it is still a thing. I don't think production has started and I couldn't find a date for when its gonna release either.

Comment

Originally posted by Electric-Mayhem View Post
              Amazon spent $250 million acquiring the rights so I imagine it is still a thing. I don't think production has started and I couldn't find a date for when its gonna release either.
              Ok cool, thanks. I'll keep on the lookout for it.
              Me:
              2016 Dodge Charger R/T 5.7 8AT (aka Vladof) -- 3/15/2017-present
              2014 Dodge Charger SE 3.6 8AT (aka Dirk) -- 6/30/2014-03/15/2017

Wife:
              2015 Jeep Renegade Latitude 2.4L 4x2 9AT (aka Boop) -- 5/5/2015-present
              2012 Ford Fusion SE 2.5L FWD 6AT (aka Boco) -- ?/?/2012-5/5/2015 (<--Miss this car)

Originally posted by Mitchi
              Damn Panamera you fine as hell send nudes

Comment

Working...
              X