Gran Turismo 5

Ok very disappointed at the sounds of the 'muscle cars'

They sound like vacuum cleaners...:(

edit: Ok not all of them but the blue camaro z28 and the C5r sound awful

i think thats one area that forza gets done pretty well.... alot of the cars do sound pretty good and believable. i think they really got the C6R noise down as close as you can get it

It'd be nice if over time, they released more Premium cars and brought standard cars up to Premium in DLC packs or even patches. I'm sure they're already planning out GT6 though and have no plans for DLC.

^The Standard cars don't look good in that picture. But look at the other screens:

4710581499_739d126e13_b.jpg

I hate sounding like a broken mp3, but those dirt effects look terrible.

That's because I think this picture belongs to GT4 not GT5.

It was in one of the recent GT5 trailers, so I don't think its from GT4. Plus I don't remember those cars in GT4.

these cars were actually in GT4 ;) and yes it seems they just added a few pixels on the textures and then slotted them in GT5 LOL !
I'll still have great fun with them on the nurburging at night :D

That's because 800+ cars (the standard ones) seem to be straight from GT4.

I've been checking this out and it seems like the premium cars really are the only new ones, after playing a whole lot of GT psp this will be very annoying. same cars I've been racing for years and years for the most part.

hopefully the 200 or so premium ones are that much better.

So they should say the game has 200 cars and 800 shells.

This is some major fail.

Did you guys really expect better?

Also seconding the car list request. One thing GT4 did have going for it is it did have my beloved lt1 chariot, and if this game has it (even as a shell) ill still get it.

In one of the videos showing off the "Normal cars" they showed 50's porsche spyders, stingray corvettes, race car moslers. But i'll bet every damn silvia and corolla will have a full interior. Japan! :shakefist:

Did they bring back the Pikes Peak hill climb? I haven't played any GT games since the third. Pikes Peak was my favorite track in GT2.

I've been wondering that too.

Now not only do you have to buy a 3D TV, but you've got to buy 6 of them and set them up in a cube, and sit inside.

i think this game could well be a disappointment. but we'll soon see. its taken far too long to come around and i just hope its not been overhyped.

considering some cars and graphics dont look all that and a bag of chips, i can only hope the physics engine is out of this world....else what the hell have then been up to all this time?

bit of a shame about the 800 standard cars. one BIG question i have. has it been confirmed that the old, or current reasonably priced car will be in game? and a fully modelled interior too?

I was really sad at having sold my PS3 after watching that trailer, but 800 standard cars and so much porting from GT4 has made it easier to digest. I can only hope it wasn't all hype, but as with all things GT I guess we'll have to wait and see.