Gran Turismo 5

a PS3 is a great investment. excellent graphics, better online interface than xbox live, etc.

I just bought GT5 Prologue again from the PSN (my copy is in France...). Still very nice to play and it will keep me waiting until GT5 comes out :-d

I've never really been into driving games, but GT5 looks too good to pass over when it comes out this year. BTW, has anyone heard anything about it being released in a PS3 bundle (I don't have a PS3 yet >__>) and maybe with a wheel and/or peddles? I've tried searching/Googling but I haven't really seen anything concrete yet.

a PS3 is a great investment. excellent graphics, better online interface than xbox live, etc.

I will not doubt you on the graphics, but having played both on Xbox Live and PSN, I much prefer the former. I also can't stand PS3 controllers.

Anyways, I curse my university for raising tuition again so I can't afford a PS3! :( *starts trawling eBay*

I will not doubt you on the graphics, but having played both on Xbox Live and PSN, I much prefer the former. I also can't stand PS3 controllers.

Anyways, I curse my university for raising tuition again so I can't afford a PS3! :( *starts trawling eBay*

Random noob with 4 posts drops into a thread and makes a completely off-topic comment paying no regard to the discussion at hand, don't read into it too much ;)

I got a email from Atari!

My Email said:
Vote TDU2 for Racing Game of E3 2010

https://pic.armedcats.net/a/ar/archie411/2010/07/07/tdu2_vote.jpg

GameSpot.com Nominates TDU2 as Best Racing Game of E3 2010
Head on over to GameSpot.com and cast your vote for TDU2. There are only three days left, so be sure to get your vote in before July 9th! Thanks in advance for your support.
Use this Link and Let your voice be heard.

Yes it does say TDU BUT you can vote for GT5 as well! So I thought I would let you guys know..

Woah where did that video come from? Its not a trailer from Polyphony or anything right? Anyways it looks awesome but thats some pathetic smoke effects!

GT5 has probably the best lighting effects of any console game.

As long as they're not as aggressive as the AI in NFS: Shift where they drive like MMA on wheels.

The car to the right of the 787B is a Audi R10. I don't think anyone has talked about it?

The 787B and Spirit R RX7 have been confirmed to be premium, and the Furai has a very likely chance of being so. :)

http://img121.imageshack.**/img121/6219/787b2.jpg
ix6ty8.jpg

starfox07 is happy.

The car to the right of the 787B is a Audi R10. I don't think anyone has talked about it?

Between an R10 and a 787B, we clearly prefer the latter... :p

I watched that video again, and it made me think about something. A lot of games in recent years have been able to pull off that photo-realistic look in stills. A good example of this is Forza 3; some screenshots from Fm3 looks positively real. However, what we have here is something more, something that looks absolutely authentic in motion. Can we officially coin a term for GT5? Videorealistic graphics? Outside of pre-rendered sequences, I've never seen digital animation look that good in motion...it is actually difficult to distinguish from reality. Well done polyphony, well done.

As long as they're not as aggressive as the AI in NFS: Shift where they drive like MMA on wheels.

You're not QUITE correct. MMA players don't often suicide themselves just to ruin your chances (while not gaining any advantage for themselves) I've had AI in shift intentionally blow braking zones into fast corners just to pile-drive me off the track...it is truly insane what they are programmed to do.

So I just came across these pictures on another forum.
670x377Image-3.jpg

gt5orreal.jpg

Can be found in this article.

Anybody know details about this car and why it is sponsored by Gran Turismo? I think it is quite clearly a real photo (look at the air splitter and the grill). Funny that the article doesn't ever mention that its a Porsche GT3 R Hybrid. Perhaps this is a hint that GT5 will indeed have Porsches?

Last edited:
All cars competing in the 24 Hours of Nordschleife have to have that on the windscreen. Gran Turismo sponsors the whole race.