Historic Race Cars

ja404

Car(s)
2013 Cadillac ATS 2.0T
Has anyone done this challenge yet? It's in the Expert hall I think. All the cars in the race are at least 15 million credits. I tried it with a fully modded Countach and got silver in both races but stood no chance of catching the Chaparral 2J. I've heard that the first gen Camaro and Charger can be race modded. Has anyone tried either of those?

I have a RM Camaro, but everything was soo much faster. Might be because i only have 400HP though, gonna try again now with a more powerful car.

Welp, after fighting off the Toyota 7 for the last 2 laps I finally nabbed Deep Forest with the Countach. Now it's off to Cote d'Azur!

Thats the only trophy I need to get in Expert mode.
I tried in a standard Buick special... which is a fast car, boy was i shocked.
I might fully tune mine, it's 700BHP I think.

How about the Shelby Cobra? I won one.

Last edited:
It's a very tough event, but the key is to get in front very early. The AI is actually not very willing to pass nor do they have a lot of opportunities once you're in front. Just hog the apex and they'll just hang out behind you. I actually beat the Cote d'Azur race just now. Everyone wrecked in turn 1, I came out of it in front and the 2J never recovered.

I eventually won it in my RM Camaro after giving it 500HP. Make sure you get into first by the first corner, then just fend off. It's trickier at Deep Forest because there are more straights. Monaco was reasonably easy since the AI don't seem to be that good there.

The tuned Shelby won at Monaco, the AI can't overtake and then the fridge freezer span at the tunnel exit and stopped everyone.

Deep forest, if you go at race speed the car takes off. If you go slow enough not to fly, the AI overtakes. I took the 2J out completely and he caught up.

Last edited:
I've got 1.6 million saved up, is the Camaro the best option?
My Cobra couldn't do it.

Last edited:
I've got 1.6 million saved up, is the Camaro the best option?
My Cobra couldn't do it.

For me it was pretty easy with it. Just make sure the 2j or Toyota 7 doesn't start in first, since you wont catch them.

I'm not a high enough level for that yet, but do you guys think my 979hp Dodge Viper would stand a chance?
I have it geared to top out at 232mph, and it has decent acceleration too.

Do anyone know if this works in the historic racing car cup?

I wouldn't mind saving 15 mil. or whatever that Jag. costs :? (Or maybe just the 200000 - 300000 Cr. for a tuned muscle car).

The chrome line cars (AC Cobra an MB SL300) were all registered as new and didn't work in historic races...

Last edited:
GTPlanet says use a Countach and you win one earlier in the game. I tried a few settings and it gets you first, but then on the straights everyone overtakes you can't block them all.

I did it in a Camaro. :p It costs 400k, but this is how I did it.
First corner, late brake, go inside and ram the first guy, like Loz said you have to be in first after that corner. (If not restart)
After the hairpin theres a hill, lift-off throttle on that part.
Drive on the racing line, the AI does and can't pass.
The car tops out at 135 (Adjusting the gearing might make you too slow for tight corners?)
So you have to block on the final straight and when you block the AI boosts you.

Last edited:
I did it in a 430 Scuderia :p

Chavs are driving expensive stuff these days :p