To all Brits: What does "cheeky" mean?

mischievious, unless theres some hidden meaning im not aware of...

That's it? I always thought cheeky had a positive connotation. I tried an online dictionnary, but I thought it was more of a slang term...

nosispower said:
That's it? I always thought cheeky had a positive connotation. I tried an online dictionnary, but I thought it was more of a slang term...
Well it depends on the situation, but it is usually used in a endearing sort of way.

i.e. My dad used to go "you cheeky bugger!" when I would do something naughty but not bad enough to be scolded/admonished for. Such as when I was a teen and took his car for a drive when he was away on holidays. He wasn't angry, but he didn't entirely approve of the matter. I had my licence and was a fairly competent driver (in my eyes at least).

Heh, NA people don't use cheeky for anything unless we're imitating a Brit. But I was always under the impression it was slang for "naughty" or "sly".

We should make a thread on British slang vs American slang. I think some of the terms they use in TG are both hilarious & cool. Like when they called the cops "Rozzes" or when James commented on JC's fast driving in the DB9 "...he must've absolutly caned it..."

In fact, I'll go make one.

JScullin said:
We should make a thread on British slang vs American slang.
Since you suggested it first, I'll let you start the thread.

To all those non-'Awstrians' ...
Do you know what a 'dunny' is?

p.s. no Googles or dictionaries...

A doughnut, maybe?

Wrong on both counts
dunny = toilet
(originally meant an outdoor toilet)

edit:- every time I use the word , inadvertently, when overseas, it always gets a puzzled look. i.e. "waiter, where's the dunny?"

Its not really a good or bad thing, but if u had to classify it like that, then i guess cheeky is used in a playfull way most of the time. So I'd say good, But then again, it can also be used in a bad way, any word could actually :)