Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which celebrity or famous person have you met?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comment

Originally posted by jeffy777
      Originally posted by Raider
      Tony Hawk (got a ride in his viper)
      wow, that would be incredible.....how's you pull it off?
      Gumball 2003...
      I had as much camera gear as the pro photographers so the cops thought i was press as did everyone else (even the pro guys came up to me to talk about my equipment) so they let me have free reign anywhere

So anyways, i got a ride, went around the block

Comment

probably no one here knows them but I have met most of the pakistani cricket team, we invited some of them for dinner when they toured Zimbabwe ie. Inzimam, Saqlain Mushtaq and Yousuf Yohana (now mohammad Yusuf), infact Mohammad Yusuf has become like a family friend, always gives us free tickets for the matches when he is in the same place as us. Also met Ramiz raja, Aamir sohail, younis khan, mohammad sami, Shoaib Akhtar, Azhar Mehmood, Waqar Younis etc also Dr. Sherafgan a pakistani Minister came to our house when he came for an official visit to Spain.
        Shaka KD

Comment

I met the band Ra at Locobazooka in 2002 and got autographs from them on their debut CD, which was cool (though the CD cost like 30 bucks, damn concert merchandise), as well as the band Lacuna Coil who my friend was a big fan of.

Also, I was within 10 feet of God Himself, Carroll Shelby, at the Rolex Vintage Festival at Lime Rock Park, in addition to saying hello to John Fitch, the only American to ever race with Mercedes in the 50's. If I had known at the time and if I hadn't been so chronically shy I would have spent the rest of the day kissing his feet.

That's it, unfortunately...I should go stalk Keifer Sutherland or something so I can buy him a drink and watch him attack a Christmas tree.

Comment

Originally posted by jeffy777
            Originally posted by Silverstar
            Well I didn't meet him...but I was within 200ft of Alex Trebek as he was getting arrested by my father in '99 at Ramstein....don't take pictures on a base where you shouldn't
            I don't remember hearing about this? What happened?
            He was doing auditions in Germany for military members to be on Jeopardy, and took pictures in secured/unauthorized zones on the aircraft ramps (marked with red paint) as he did a tour. I was doing career day with my father, and the call came out that there was an unauthorized person in on the bravo ramp ect...ect...

Come to see it was Trebek taking pictures and his agent or whatever of some planes. So my father went over and told him what he did wrong and told him to hand the camera over.

And then the whole "do you know who I am?" celebrity schpiel went on, and my old man goes "yes, and I could care less, now hand over the camera please."

It may not be funny in this post, but the way it was said was just gold . So he had to go to the Cop Shop on base and have a report written ect..ect.. It was great

2006 Impreza STi|2008 Impreza STI|2011 Impreza STI

SS - Bishop of the Hot Hatches, Church of the Horizontally Opposed
            deviantART

Comment

i work as a camera man, so know alot of celbs.... its funny tho when people go up to them and say hello, exspecting a sort of yes i know you, i know who you are sort of thing....

its a laugh for us tho.. well i get a kick out of it

also know alot of teh top irish rally drivers, close frinds with them sort of thing..

Comment

Will Smith.

No, the other one. I met him at a KFC. No, the white one.

The guy from Tested.com, Adam Savage's Still Untitled podcast

Actually, I didn't meet him...just saw him walk in, order, and wait for his food at the counter. He seemed to not want to be interrupted, so I left him alone.
                There is no such thing as a stupid question.* *but there are a lot of inquisitive idiots.

Comment

Because of Parkinsons?
                  WillDAQ: To use the technical terms: "the Mustang is to aerodynamics what horse shit is to fine dining"

Dr Grip: Brilliant!

EyeMWing Because what fun is a silicone dick if you don't try putting it in somebody's backside at least once.

Jay IKEA now ranks up in my awesome list, quite near bacon and blowjobs.

Cowboy I've never gotten so drunk I wanted to rub one out while shoving a fire extinguisher up my ass.

Remind me never to have him round to dinner!

www.mattonmotors.com/ @MattOnMotors

Comment

Wow, there's some dust in this thread.

Most recent famous person I've met though, was the first ever Aussie NHL player, and Stanley Cup winner, Nathan Walker.
                    A few years ago, he played all of two games for the Sydney hockey team I support/work with, and we were given a heads up that he was coming to a game to visit some of his friends (and groomsmen).
                    He arrived pretty quietly, with his mother and sat in the VIP area until after the game, then he headed into the benches to talk to the boys, and I got a pic, and my jersey signed. Quiet guy, and really small.

Comment

Epic 12 year bump. I was just finishing high school when this thread was last active.
                      "Men with guts attack those corners!" - Keiichi Tsuchiya
                      2006 Acura TL and 1999 Mazda Miata

Comment

Damn, I wasn't even six months into my FG life when this started. I met Mr Regular and the Roman last year at the Coventry meet, they're a great pair and that was a great time.

Comment

Working...
                        X