Post Your Watches

Looks like a homage to Tudor :)

The dial is a homage to the Tudor Prince Oysterdate Submariner "Snowflake"

Tudor%20prince%20submariner%20snowflake_zps9on7ixuh.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

Sea-Gull 1963 Pilot's Chronograph re-issue via the guys on the Chinese Mechanical Watch part of watchuseek.
The "genuine" Sea-Gull re-issue failed to include the black/charcoal face, so watchuseek came to the rescue.
38mm diam, domed acrylic crystal
19 jewel column-wheel chronograph movement (you can see the column wheel on the left side of the back view ... has the big blue screw holding it down).
couple of hundred bucks.

IMG_0361_zpszutstb5q.jpg

DSC_0155_zpspcxzo8rq.jpg

I'd really appreciate some FinalGear input on getting a NATO strap for my watch.

I'm going to get an Omega strap, in fabric, and would be keen to hear opinions on which colour combo I should get. The range is here.

I'm quite partial to the five-stripe red & black strap over the black with red border strap as they both match the red highlights of my Speedy (clipped in below). However, the five-stripe black and grey is the classic NATO design. I'm pretty keen on hearing what you guys have to say.

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• Omega_Speedmaster_Professional_Moonwatch_Tintin_Racing_Speedywatches3.jpg
    Omega_Speedmaster_Professional_Moonwatch_Tintin_Racing_Speedywatches3.jpg
    269.6 KB · Views: 57
  • straps.jpg
    straps.jpg
    325.4 KB · Views: 63
Last edited:
I'd really appreciate some FinalGear input on getting a NATO strap for my watch.

I'm going to get an Omega strap, in fabric, and would be keen to hear opinions on which colour combo I should get. The range is here.

I'm quite partial to the five-stripe red & black strap over the black with red border strap as they both match the red highlights of my Speedy (clipped in below). However, the five-stripe black and grey is the classic NATO design. I'm pretty keen on hearing what you guys have to say.

attachment.php

attachment.php

If you're thinking of the classic "Bond" NATO strap, it's actually a red/olive green stripe pattern:

James-Wrist-Shot.jpg

image_2399.jpg

16mm undersized strap on a 20mm Rolex Sub. More info on Watchuseek, naturally.

I'd also suggest that you could get it here, but I doubt you want to put an eight-dollar strap on a four-figure watch :p

I would go with the red border strap or even the grey/black one.
The watch itself is already plenty with its red/white details.

-looks at Citizen NY0040 on wrist-
-looks back at this thread-
-shrugs, continues-

I've had it for about eight years, no urge to upgrade or replace it with some dream watch. I fear I've dropped off the watch enthusiast train for good.

IMG_5734.JPG

Oh look, a package from UZBEKISTAN! What's in it?

FullSizeRender.jpg

It's a Raketa Big Zero, the watch that brought us perestroika!

FullSizeRender_1.jpg

The included faux rally strap was too big, so I threw on this grossly oversized Crown & Buckle leather number.

I took it to work and posed in front of some expensive sports cars, as what everyone with a watch does on Instagram.

IMG_5743.JPG

In front of our Plymouth Explorer by Ghia

IMG_5748.JPG

In front of our Ford GT40 MkIII

This thing is so cool. It's got this modernist, western Europe playfulness to it that's even cooler from behind the Iron Curtain. The dial was screenprinted from a hand painting, so in the sunlight there are brush strokes on the whiteness?and the thickness of the numbers are uneven, too, adding to that handmade aspect. One friend said the numbers were "large, for geriatrics." :lol:

The C&B band is comfy, but what this thing really deserves is a colorful NATO strap. So, I ordered two.

Soviet watches are awesome. Soviet watches for $65 shipped are even more awesome.

Last edited:
You are wearing my high school clock.

Any reasonable eBay sellers for these Russian watches? Or should I just search? I haven't worn a watch since the strap broke on my Rotary, now I need a strap and a new battery.

COngrats, BlaRo, this looks awesome.
Also, I just saw an Omega SpeedMaster, in person, for the first time. <3
The store was so fancy you needed an ID check before you could get in. :lol:

Any reasonable eBay sellers for these Russian watches? Or should I just search? I haven't worn a watch since the strap broke on my Rotary, now I need a strap and a new battery.

eBay seller Zenitar is an excellent source for brand new Vostok Amphibias. Other than that, you have to trust seller ratings and go with your Sketchy Factor.

Figured this was the place to ask, a good friend of mine would like a good quality replica/fake of a Rolex Dayonta Rainbow, does any know if such a thing exists? Or a reasonably priced similar watch?

Last edited:
Er, don't. Not only are the fakes illegal to sell, but people who know what they're supposed to be can tell. That model is not even one commonly faked, so if there are any out there will be very poor quality. Not to mention the stones would be a dead giveaway to as they wouldn't look right. Don't buy fake watches, they're an abomoniation to the industry.

Well, the Invicta Speedway series is a pretty convincing copy of the Daytona, and its internals are generally not crap. Haven't heard of a rainbow version though.

Figured this was the place to ask, a good friend of mine would like a good quality replica/fake of a Rolex Dayonta Rainbow, does any know if such a thing exists? Or a reasonably priced similar watch?

For the price of a 'good' fake, you could probably buy something quite decent from a 'lesser' marque. IS she specifically looking for the Daytona look, or does she want a tachymeter/chronometer thing?

View attachment 15903

O
awesome Big Zero pictures

I literally just bought one of those on Ebay last night. I have been looking around for one that wasn't too beat up and looked to be from the 80s instead of one of the 90s or later reproductions.

I bought this one last night and it should be here in a week. I wanted a cool casual watch for when the weather turns at work and we can wear polo shirts again.

Looks like mine doesn't have the logo down by the 6 marker.

Yours also has a different case, and it's got the same screwdriver gouging on the back from some ham-fisted gentleman trying to pry open the innards. (I got some condensation on the dial from being out in the sun all day, but it went away pretty fast.)

Looks awesome! And you got a great deal too?at the very least, it's a great deal because it's the same as me :p

Anyone take a look at the Apple Watch yet?

*runs out of the room dodging flaming pitchforks*

:D