Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Post Your Watches

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Interesting way to make watches starts about 3:45 in.

     
    "I don't care who does the electing, so long as I get to do the nominating" -Boss Tweed

    We’ve gone from 'Hope and Change' to 'Hope and Change Your Story.' -Bill Maher

    Comment


      Since I'm not about to spend $17k on a real Breguet, this look-alike will do nicely:


      "Men with guts attack those corners!" - Keiichi Tsuchiya
      2006 Acura TL and 1999 Mazda Miata

      Comment


        Breguet watches don't retain their value particularly well so a second-hand sample could be within reach in the future.

        Comment


          Originally posted by ahpadt View Post
          Breguet watches don't retain their value particularly well so a second-hand sample could be within reach in the future.
          Not much does besides Patek and the crown.

          Comment


            Originally posted by Mark355 View Post
            Not much does besides Patek and the crown.
            Sure, however as far as I understand, Breguets likely to plummet much more in value in percentage compared to say a a Speedmaster or Navitimer.

            Comment


              Nabster rocks. That is all.
              "Power corrupts. Lack of power corrupts absolutely."
              -Redliner, ironically



              Comment


                Originally posted by Labcoatguy View Post
                Nabster rocks. That is all.
                Do explain.
                In unrelated news, my Casio suffered a nasty gash while I was fixing the faucet in the bathroom and soon after stopped working. You served me well for many years.
                I need a replacement.
                ?
                "I'm sure Burger King is doing great in Germany, but they're not exactly stopping making schnitzels."

                Comment


                  Originally posted by Redliner View Post

                  Do explain.
                  In unrelated news, my Casio suffered a nasty gash while I was fixing the faucet in the bathroom and soon after stopped working. You served me well for many years.
                  I need a replacement.
                  RIP Casio.

                  Nabster refurbished my old Seiko diver with a new movement and cleaned it up using bits from a parts watch. Just a great watchmaker who's as willing to be work on these basic Seikos as a multi-figure Swiss mechanical.
                  "Power corrupts. Lack of power corrupts absolutely."
                  -Redliner, ironically



                  Comment


                    Originally posted by Labcoatguy View Post

                    RIP Casio.

                    Nabster refurbished my old Seiko diver with a new movement and cleaned it up using bits from a parts watch. Just a great watchmaker who's as willing to be work on these basic Seikos as a multi-figure Swiss mechanical.
                    I don't know Nabster enough, but he always came across as an enthusiast, who will be doing a great work in nice watches, regardless of price.
                    ?
                    "I'm sure Burger King is doing great in Germany, but they're not exactly stopping making schnitzels."

                    Comment


                      Save for the fact that I struggle to find adequate time to sit down and do proper work at home And poor BlaRo has to wait longer for his stuff because of that
                      My car is Greener than your car.

                      LegendZ live forever.

                      Comment


                        The bracelet of my Steinhart is falling to pieces, so until I can source a replacement, I can't wear it anymore. I was planing to stop by the Steinhart shop a few weeks ago since it was basically on my route between Ringmeet and my Austrian destination, but rental car troubles caused too much delays, I had to skip it.

                        Took my Citizen Blue Angel Skyhawk Titanium out of my night stand, and after a few minutes in the sun, it came back to life

                        Last edited by RdKetchup; August 28th, 2018, 4:08 PM.
                        - Alright you Primitive Screwheads, listen up! You see this? This... is my BOOMSTICK!

                        Comment


                          Originally posted by RdKetchup View Post
                          The bracelet of my Steinhart is falling to pieces...[/url]
                          I have no opinion on Steinhart, but it made me think of this, that made me laugh when I saw it on instagram...



                          My 1988 Lancia Delta HF Turbo
                          My 1991 Volvo 960 Turbo

                          Comment


                            Originally posted by Nabster View Post
                            Save for the fact that I struggle to find adequate time to sit down and do proper work at home And poor BlaRo has to wait longer for his stuff because of that
                            No worries. Nabster's been kind enough to rebuild a few inexpensive pieces I've acquired over the past year or so, and it was illuminating to pick his brain for this article I wrote for Worn & Wound last year: A Restoration Story: Breathing New Life Into a $45 Timex “Roulette"

                            One of my favorite pieces he worked on for me was this Seiko 661908110, from October 1966, one of my oldest Seikos in my collection. As early a Seiko 5 as you can get, with the 5 Sportsmatic line introduced in 1963.
                            Last edited by BlaRo; August 29th, 2018, 2:34 PM.

                            Comment


                              Originally posted by BlaRo View Post

                              No worries. Nabster's been kind enough to rebuild a few inexpensive pieces I've acquired over the past year or so, and it was illuminating to pick his brain for this article I wrote for Worn & Wound last year: A Restoration Story: Breathing New Life Into a $45 Timex “Roulette"

                              One of my favorite pieces he worked on for me was this Seiko 661908110, from October 1966, one of my oldest Seikos in my collection. As early a Seiko 5 as you can get, with the 5 Sportsmatic line introduced in 1963.
                              Whoa...Seiko 5
                              ?
                              "I'm sure Burger King is doing great in Germany, but they're not exactly stopping making schnitzels."

                              Comment


                                Originally posted by IceBone View Post
                                So, after over 2 years of daily wear, it looks like the bracelet is about to give up the ghost, so I ordered a replacement from MVMT. Same colour leather and buckle.



                                A box arrives!



                                There is a box within a box!



                                And a bag within a box within a box!



                                And a bracelet in a bag within a box within a box.



                                This is the same colour. Yes.



                                Old bracelet off.



                                New bracelet on. I like.

                                ​​​​​​​


                                Final Gear around the world care package
                                discussion | photos | spreadsheet | map

                                Comment


                                  Just the usable ones are shown. I also have a 1960s Vulcain Cricket and a 1939 Bulova Admiral but they're out for service.





                                  Comment


                                    I have a new object of desire.
                                    https://timeandtidewatches.com/hands...t-ref-sbgc219/





                                    I can't decide between the blue and the black.
                                    ?
                                    "I'm sure Burger King is doing great in Germany, but they're not exactly stopping making schnitzels."

                                    Comment

                                    Working...
                                    X