Votes: 6 7.1%
  • I'm British and I drink thea

Votes: 5 5.9%
  • I'm Chinese and drink hot water

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Coffee? Yuck!

Votes: 27 31.8%

• Total voters
I have done some research on this subject and IMHO that in coffee drinking countries (US and Canada in particular) there is no understanding of the precise importance of making the water BOILING hot for the correct preparation of tea. The result is that tea in these countries is a shadow of the preparation available in UK, Ireland, NZ and OZ. So North America's loss. I do drink coffee too and in this case boiling water is detrimental to the taste, the water should be just off the boil. Or, I could be talking bollocks.

I have done some research on this subject and IMHO that in coffee drinking countries (US and Canada in particular) there is no understanding of the precise importance of making the water BOILING hot for the correct preparation of tea. The result is that tea in these countries is a shadow of the preparation available in UK, Ireland, NZ and OZ. So North America's loss. I do drink coffee too and in this case boiling water is detrimental to the taste, the water should be just off the boil. Or, I could be talking bollocks.

Yeah, the latest trend in .nl is using your senseo machine (which heats water to 90 degrees C, perfect for coffee) for tea, which needs water that has been to the boil at least 2 minutes (to remove the oxygen) and then cooled back down to 95 degrees C (to prevent the water from burning the leaves).... so you can guess the result.....

I'm part of the no-coffee group, nothing beats tiredness like a good night's sleep.
I may occasionally drink tea ... but not for keeping me awake, nor am I dependent on it.

As for staying awake at night, nothing beats a good chocolate bar ... or two, or three ... you get the point, I get high on chocolate :D ... well it's better than coffee. :p

Tea drinker. And only tea. Never tried coffee and I doubt I will.

i cant really stand coffee

Wow, I would never expect to see so many people dislike coffee like I do. I expected most of you to like it and make fun of me.

Nothing better than walking into starbucks or second cup and ordering a "black coffee"

uhh.. what kinda coffee sir.. "black"..

no.. we have different kinds.. "ok make it HOT black coffee.."

uhh.. ok.. umm.. but you need to specify a type.. "OH... sorry.. LARGE"

we have different flavours though..

"I don't want flavoured coffee, i want a large black coffee.. that's hot.. in a cup.. what part of that is so damn complicated"

uumm... umm.. ok.. do you want foam or sprinkles or...

"large black hot in a cup"

Nothing better than walking into starbucks or second cup and ordering a "black coffee"

"I don't want flavoured coffee, i want a large black coffee.. that's hot.. in a cup.. what part of that is so damn complicated"

This sounds so recognizeable.....

no i don't want some ultra-caramel-soy-latte-decaf-frappucino-with-chocolatey-sprinkley-bits-on-top, i want COFFEE! :blowup: :blowup:

You better hope he doesn't spit in it :tease:

in that case i like them like my whiped cream

white, sweet and soft... hmmm

:D

Coffee and cream for me!

where is the option "with alcohol"? :lol:

i only drank regular coffee once and that was mixed with apple wine (it was late, we were drunk and supposed to guard a tree...)

apart from that its chocolat cappucino for me. :D

Having farmers as grandparents, I grew up on a diet of fresh (boiled obviously) milk (cow, occasionally horse). And I still drink milk with my breakfast, no additions such as coffee or thea are required.

Having farmers as grandparents, I grew up on a diet of fresh (boiled obviously) milk (cow, occasionally horse). And I still drink milk with my breakfast, no additions such as coffee or thea are required.

Horse milk? Really?

Venti bold for me, black as night.

http://img174.imageshack.**/img174/5286/thewolfim3.jpg

Here's description of my daily coffee:

"Would you like some coffee with that sugar sir?"

people, people... you can only talk about coffee if it's turkish- i mean boiling the water adding about two-three tea spoons of ground coffee per cup, and make it boil at least three times. Than you have coffee with proper cream on top - coffee cream. that's coffee and not starbucks/nescaffe shite. Than you can add sugar if you want to, but that's it.
A nice cup of hot turkish coffee and a proper cigarette and you have yourself a morning ritual balkan style. I don't think most of you know what proper turkish(arab/bosnian to be more precise, as turks don't drink coffee very much) is, but you should try it!