Do you judge people on the Forums by their post count?

Do you judge people on the Forums by their post count?

• Total voters
age does play a part, I don't consider any opinions given by people who can't drive yet as being perticularly valid

Likewise, thats why we see people like LeMansGTS getting himself flamed all the time. 12 year olds with opinions on driving on a forum used mainly by adults. Just doesnt work!

I expected people to care mostly about age, which is weird that they did not mention it. I was not quite sure about the post count. But in my opinion this is a useful poll because it shows what the attitude of the forum is rather then, what you rather have sort of thing. I'm glad that I did it though got a lot of unexpected results.
Yeah age doesn't tell you anything. And about post count, it would seem logical that someone with a higher post count would know how certain people would react to something. Maybe i'm just going crazy :?

I expected people to care mostly about age, which is weird that they did not mention it. I was not quite sure about the post count. But in my opinion this is a useful poll because it shows what the attitude of the forum is rather then, what you rather have sort of thing. I'm glad that I did it though got a lot of unexpected results.
Well, age always play a part. Generally, a 20yo will be more competent and serious than a 15yo. Then again, it can be completely opposite. You have kids at 15, who's been working on cars and learning from their dad for the last, well, the last 15 years really, and therefore know a lot about cars and mechanics. I am nearly 20, I'm 20 in April, in fact, and I don't know SQUAT about engines. Really, I'm as wise on engines as my mum.

Actually, I once had a moderator in my staff. 15yo guy, who made some money from stacking fish crates in a local fish plant up north. He was one of the most skillful forum members I have ever come across. He knew his shit, and he was as serious, actually more serious than most people in their 20s. Does that make for evidence that 15yos are better members than 20yos? Not at all, but it does prove that what's the rule isn't always what's true.

But in the end, you can't avoid age. It plays a part, anything else would be dumb.

To be honest, I judge someone from what they write. If an arguments good, it says a lot more about someone shouting out about "haha, why should we listen to him, he's only 15" than the 15yo lad who just made a valid point.

Just my 2 cents.

BWAHAHAHA

Hidden Hunter's and Le Mans GTR's posts are like a damn soap opera :lol:

I just love how LeMans GTR sets himself up everytime, like he needs Hidden Hunters flamings just to feel a part of this community :lol:

Yeah age doesn't tell you anything.

Well, I would not say that it doesn't tell you anything. I'm guessing the fact that your 14 has something to do with you making this statement :p Honestly, I would probably be more inclined to trust the opinion of a 24 year old over a 14 year, especially if I'm talking to them online. The 24 year old has been around longer, seen more, usually more mature etc. But as nomix said, there are certainly exceptions where younger people are cooler, more mature, and wise.

Viper,

6beo008.jpg

Likewise, thats why we see people like LeMansGTS getting himself flamed all the time. 12 year olds with opinions on driving on a forum used mainly by adults. Just doesnt work!

He is also has options on alcoholic beverages :rolleyes:

I don't really look at a person's post count, it's more about the quality of the posts they make. I do however look at a person's post count/join date when there name is unfamiliar to me...

Agreed. Quality > Quantity

Can I still get on the post count doesn't matter bandwagon? I think most people judge users depending on the integrity of what they say, especially when the user is relatively new (in terms of join date). If a person has a low(er) post count, but is a longstanding member, their input is taken more seriously.

I wonder how many of the people with 1500 or more posts on this forum could tell me how a carb works let alone how to rebuild one.
Hey, I'm working on it. :D

If somebody with few posts comes on here and is in a bitter mood or fucks up with stupid threads, I'm less likely to forgive them vs. somebody who's been here for a while and knows what this place is like. I'm sure most of you here are the same. Post count means little if you're knowledgeable or kind, but it's still influential.

I don't like it when people say, "oh I don't have a high post count because I have a life." It's possible to go on here for 5 minutes, make a bunch of posts in a bunch of places, then go outside and have sex with your 12 girlfriends in the back of your powerboat while finding a cure for cancer. They might not be good posts, but your post count doesn't reflect that. (Maybe I should pay attention to that! :unsure:)

Either way, nobody should judge someone based on what their post count is, because that's beyond lame. If somebody makes a lame post, they should be called out on that no matter what.

That's true, all I'm saying is that it plays a small role in a big picture.

Anyway, everyone knows that sailboats are better than powerboats.

Anyway, everyone knows that sailboats are better than powerboats.

If you rock too hard while in a sailboat, you get seaweed up your nose.
(Unless that's a reference to something that went over my head. No, you're a towel.)