COD4 Chernobyl level real photos

Somehow makes me want to play HL2 again... *does so*

AHH FUCK ZOMBIES

Damn! Those are so much like the game it's amazing....Great find man, I didn't even know it was based on real places. Seeing those for real is a damn wake up call...Does it actually still look like that today? or are those old pictures?

it looks amazing in-game ofcourse...and that level is one of the hardest, most challenging, most interesting (plot-wise), best looking unbelievably amazing levels of all FPSs ever. I played it about 60 times I think each time took a different angle at the battles.

God I love that game.

something new for the COD 4 fanboys,

Belorussian authorities have put five men on trial for attempting to sell 1.5 kilograms of uranium dioxide that was allegedly smuggled from Chernobyl ? site of the world's worst nuclear catastrophe to date ? to Minsk, where the group intended to rake in a black market purchase price of nearly $800,000.

for non cod4 fanboys
in the chernobyl mission you had to stop a transaction of stolen uranium right next to reactor 4

though i'm not sure that the story is really true, still, not that hard to imagine :p

Source

something new for the COD 4 fanboys,

Belorussian authorities have put five men on trial for attempting to sell 1.5 kilograms of uranium dioxide that was allegedly smuggled from Chernobyl ? site of the world's worst nuclear catastrophe to date ? to Minsk, where the group intended to rake in a black market purchase price of nearly $800,000.
Well, maybe a bit nitpicking but Chernobyl wasn't the worst nuclear catastrophe to date but the best-known.

The worst catastrophe was an accident in the nuclear fuel reprocessing plant Mayak but since the soviet authorities shutted that one away and most of the radiation didn't leave the soviet territory it hasn't been recorded by foreign people.

The accident at Chernobyl however sent the radioactive material up into the sky so it spread out with the wind to Europe and has been recorded by the countries there thus becoming the best-known nuclear accident.

Those pictures of the ferriswheel and bumpercars looks so surreal, really visualize that life just stopped there :|

yeah, if the hurricane of looters never came to Prypiat, stealing engines, getting scarp metal, stealing wood floors, you could say it's still 1986, they were evacuated imediatley but furniture was distroyed by the liquidator because of fear of contamination, and you can see that the steering wheels are all removed, probably to make way to extract batteries or motors. Anyway climbing on top of the a builiding and looking at a town an realising that you are alone, it must be a breath takeing experience

800px-View_of_Chernobyl_taken_from_Pripyat.JPG

contaminated vehicles (abandoned, beacuse even today are still to contaminated to be safe to use)

kladbishe02.jpg

908_3.jpg

95833032_fc104a7535.jpg

1788_3.jpg

57077104.jpg

most vehicles have their engines remove (probably looters )

6.jpg

there is still laundry drying, even 22 years later

95833036_64730edaa3.jpg

they say they are officials getting all that heavy scrap metal

456363.JPG

a huge antenna called Duga

1384_3.jpg

this is supposed to be "the elephants foot" (this is said to be an actual picture of some of the uranium inside the sarcophagus)

image004.jpg

some intersting links and very interesting

lots and lost of pictures

helicopter crashing near reactor

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aw-ik1U4Uvk[/YOUTUBE]

Last edited:
That Google map is neat to look around with. It looks like they fixed the gaping hole in the reactor building. And it's really eerie seeing the abandoned ships around the lake.

That Google map is neat to look around with. It looks like they fixed the gaping hole in the reactor building. And it's really eerie seeing the abandoned ships around the lake.

It wasn't fixed, it was overbuilt with a bigger sarcophagus because the reactor itself can't be used anymore anyway so they just put a giant sarcophagus around it to prevent it radiating anymore into the surrounding environment.

Great find! I can't believe how well they recreated it for CoD4. Makes me want to play that game again.

In fact I might just do so when I get back home!