COD4 Chernobyl level real photos

Ice_warmer

Ok, I maybe a geek :rolleyes: but there are some actually interesting picutres to be seen.

(i tried makeing in the same order as the missions :?)

chernobyl_abandoned_shipyard_1.jpg

NEW PHOTO, don't know if it's acutally the same church as the level but still ...
hr19.jpg

027.jpg

377706845_5cbd89106d_b.jpg

these are supposed to be stairs from the hotel

IMG_1355.jpg

chernobyl%2055%20pripyat%20ghosttown%20swimming%20pool%202.jpg

800px-Prypiat_Pool.jpg

chernobyl%2056%20pripyat%20ghosttown%20swimming%20pool%203.jpg

800px-Pripyat01.jpg

218f91f0a9c6e2ef081f02c6e3ed4976-orig

142_Pripyat_amusement_park_.jpg

028.jpg

10.jpg

i've found out that the ferris wheel actually never went into service it was schedueld to begin activity 2 days after the incident.

and some other photos:

before

1996-Pool.jpg

after

2003-Pool.jpg

some apple affected by radiation, the guy that posted the pic sayed that near by there was a family that lives there since the incident, and that near 100 people still live around Pripyat
21332.jpg

Last edited:
Are there any comparison ingame shots from COD4? I've never played that game, nor seen any shots of the Chernobyl level.

Last edited:
http://img292.imageshack.**/img292/276/tschernobylcod4wt1.jpg
2-4.jpg

[youtube]http://youtube.com/watch?v=zt9OOYs_Ru0&feature=related[/youtube]

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow, thanks for sharing. Those photos are surreal.

Call of Doodie 4 :mrgreen:

S.T.A.L.K.E.R. also recreated the area of chernobyl quite well.

Yeah S.T.A.L.K.E.R. was a great game in the way that it created an eerie atmosphere everywhere you went .

another thing, there are TOURS in Prypiat the nearest town of reactor 4 with all the abandoned vechiles and stuff, and they say that the amount of radiation you recive is about the same as a trans-continenatl flight, wich should be really small, COD geek paradise :p

another thing, there are TOURS in Prypiat the nearest town of reactor 4 with all the abandoned vechiles and stuff, and they say that the amount of radiation you recive is about the same as a trans-continenatl flight, wich should be really small, COD geek paradise :p

Yeah, I actually looked into doing that over Easter but never got round to it.

It's still on my list of Things To Do.

Wow those pictures are really creepy! It's like the scene in a movie after a post-apocalyptic disease/zombie invasion/supernatural weirdness/disaster hit. And it really happened.

I've always wanted to go to Chernoble, being Ukrainian in blood and all. I think it would be quite the experience.

Thats absolutely incredable :jawdrop:

Its really hard to believe that all those towns were once inhabited. Very creepy