Awesome Thread

I just captioned this pic and put in in the funny pictures thread... but I just thought the original should be in here

01-jump.jpg

:p

https://pic.armedcats.net/b/bl/blayde/2010/05/20/rx5itdt3.jpg

CPR, it could save a life. It could also give a 100 year old man a hard on.

Or, the driver could, y'know, know one bloody thing about their own vehicle!

As a part time cab driver and an avid driver of other people's cars, I find this bit of info priceless. I noticed it sometime years ago.

Last edited:
I had a look on the Kangoo. There is no arrow, the pump nozzle is on the right, and the fuel filler cap on the left.

If i ever forget in a rental, i just pop the fuel cap before i queue up, you can kind of see the cap in your mirrors :/

it's actually correct for my car, but it's more of a coincidence than anything else
question : is there anyone with a RHD Astra on here? On which side is your flap? because IIRC the instruments are switched so the fuel flap should be too

it's actually correct for my car, but it's more of a coincidence than anything else
question : is there anyone with a RHD Astra on here? On which side is your flap? because IIRC the instruments are switched so the fuel flap should be too

not likely, you see RHd and LHD drive have several parts who get inverted but the actual body is usualy identical on both versions, to chance a fuelfillercap you need 2 compleetly different sidepanels (the biggest and most expensive outher bodypart to produce), not to mention fueltanks usualy arent square and they fit closely between the backseat and the bottom panel, so you need changes there aswell.....seems like alot of effort for something that's realy rather irrellevant to most people.

Yup Cowboy is right, you don't mirror the entire car just the things you have to like the firewall and the steering components in the engine bay, and of course dashboard.

No arrow at all on my fuel gauge. Rule of thumb, any car = fuel filler on right. Toyota = fuel filler on left. If car =! Toyota AND fuel filler = left then; /0.

Last edited:
There is no rule of thumb - Ford Fiestas always have the filler cap on the left (back to the first Fiesta), but Mondeos have it on the right, so you can't exemplify it by the manufacturer, too.

I have it easy with the Corolla, the gas door puller is cable operated so obviously the door is on the driver side, lol

and this is the awesome thread so 999 posts