Show us your Lego!

MWF: go for 42009, unimog is a bit dissapointing.

That 42009 is so tempting, but I will be reasonable and only ask for a 42007 for my birthday:

42007_A1.jpg

Is Maggie holding a gun?

Looks to be that way, could be a reference to the episode where she shot Mr. Burns.
Mr+Burns+Getting+Shot+By+Maggie+For+Trying+To+Steal+Her+Candy.jpg

Anyway that Simpsons set looks amazing. Most of my recent collection is houses and I've always been a big Simpsons fan. Unfortunately I'm guessing it'll be around $250, a little much for me to justify spending on LEGO. :(

or the one where she saves Marge and Homer when they made pretzels, she used a rifle

It would be hard for me to decide between 8110 and 42009 so I got both! :lol:

If I could only choose one for now though it would be the 8110 Unimog because that set is being retired. It will start disappearing from store shelves and online shops pretty soon. The 42009 will be around for at least another year and in that time you can look for deals.

The local Walmart finally got a few of "The LEGO Movie" sets in stock and I couldn't resist.

http://imageshack.**/a/img607/4083/pons.jpg

I must say I really like the Simpsons' house, even the minifigs many people seem to have problem with.

It'll be available in February, official prices: US $199.99 - CA $229.99 - DE 199.99? - UK ?179.99 - DK 1,699.00 DKK

And here's a video!

Last edited:
It will be a collector's item and command 1000+ eventually, same for most others, i'm getting one I think :)

Is that including VAT for the UK and the other old countries? In Canada in my province it would be 229.99 + 34.44$ tx == 264.43$ (180?, 149?, 1344DKK).

Still a better deal in Canada, but not as big a gap.

Last edited:
Is that including VAT for the UK and the other old countries?
Old countries? :lol: Anyway, I'm sure it does include the VAT. Our consumer prices always do.

In Canada in my province it would be 229.99 + 34.44$ tx == 264.43$
Ah, it had looked pretty "cheap" when compared to the European prices. Factor in the low sales taxes in the US and you're crying even more - there won't be much on top of that $199.99.

Last edited:
I took a few photos of my 42009 even though it isn't finished since I still want to add R/C functions in the future.

The biggest change is the new boom that now looks more realistic and extends over 105cm. It is based on a design by Techlug member "Chrismoi59" and it is both awesome and expensive. I also filled in areas that were left exposed by Lego due to cost-saving measures like the crane superstructure and engine bay. The front end was smoothed out with tiles and I added dual headlights and running lamps. Also added a new hook block I designed in Digital Designer.

http://imageshack.**/a/img812/4008/9zfg.jpg

http://imageshack.**/a/img89/4532/mmo5.jpg

Last edited:
Only when you get the Radioactive man booster pack

Newspaper article here hinted that this would be an exclusive, only available through S@H and the official LEGO stores, while newspapers tend to be rather clueless when it comes to these things if they should be right it will give me the perfect excuse to finally visit Belgiums only Lego store :p

Man this is going to be an expensive Lego year.....