Show us your Lego!

Just finished building the X-wing, awesome set, fun build, finished results looks the part, great set!

Only downside is the stickers on the cockpit, which you will never, ever, get right without getting air bubbles and/or stains under the transparent sections, so I fixed this by simply cutting these sections out after the stickers were placed.

The result looks ok but it's a bit of regular modelling I could have done without in the middle of a Lego build, if you have two left hands and/or no modelling experience, you are fucked.

Still, awesome set, damn thing is even swoohsable, detailed cockpit, wing mechanism is clever, the engine assemblies are a bit of Lego art, that's how good they look, the only thing they could have done to make it even better is add a landing gear.

Last edited:
One thing i do often is use flat edged tweezers for the stickers to cut down on the fingerprints, works quite well and you can position them much more accurately than with your fingers.

So I have been on a Star Wars lego binge lately:

LEGO-Star-Wars-9495-Gold-Leaders-Y-wing-Starfighter.jpg

9492_box.jpg

wpid-20131213_132611.jpg

prod_packaging_main_retina_1224x688_75035.jpg

I just have a thing for the Star Wars sets. The AT AP is an awesome build but you really need the battle pack to complete the kit, and I am eagerly awaiting the 2014 re-release of the B Wing in normal minifig scale.

Last edited:
That Tie looks excellent! If they can make a minifig scale look that good, I wish they would do an UCS version!

Btw for those who have not heard, new UCS sets for this year are Boba Fetts Slave I , which is kinda cool if it looks right, and another minifig scale sandcrawler, which is just another brown box on threads.....

Last edited:
Yep the Tie is a really nice model. I really want them to rerelease the rest of the tie family soon (tie defender, tie advanced, tie bomber, etc)

Probably going to pick up the 9493 x wing as well to go with the y wing and tie.

Last edited:
Thinking about ordering this:

lego-city-fire-logomanualsmania---lego---lego-city--fire-hovercraft--bi-7944-na-mgs5fb64.png

Just finished building this

IMG_20140415_175112.jpg

I just ordered that from Amazon today! :cool:

And I impulse-bought this to have the old vs. new LEGO grand prix cars. This new-found LEGO hobby is going to be expensive.

Another cool new set for the collectors (and their kids):

14010865344_9a6352df47_c.jpg

More pictures in high def on flickr.

I recommend watching the video to fully appreciate this set:

Available in June, prices: US $149.99 - CA $179.99 ? AU $199.99 - DE 129.99? - UK ?119.99 - DK 1,199.00 DKK

Dammit, have LEGO always been so expensive?

Here's a good look at the development of LEGO prices and some common misconceptions surrounding it:
http://therealityprose.wordpress.com/2013/01/17/what_happened_with_lego/

Quickly summarised, LEGO hasn't really become any more expensive as such. The perception that it's somehow become more expensive in the recent past is most likely due to a combination of the fact that there are now more and larger sets that commandeer a higher price, as well as the fact that you probably weren't as aware of the cost when you were younger. Because LEGO has never really been cheap.

Another cool new set for the collectors (and their kids):

14010865344_9a6352df47_c.jpg

More pictures in high def on flickr.

I recommend watching the video to fully appreciate this set:

Available in June, prices: US $149.99 - CA $179.99 ? AU $199.99 - DE 129.99? - UK ?119.99 - DK 1,199.00 DKK

I like it, and I don't like it.

On the one hand, this is exactly one of the things I loved building as a kid, a fairground ride or any other large contraption that folded up and is fully transportable, everybody loves a good convoy right? Right?

On the other hand, the color scheme is a mess, the trucks and fences are white/blue, but the ride is white/red/blue/yellow :dunno: and the ride itself is very bland and simple, I think this is one instance where a system set could have benefited from using more technic pieces, they could have made the thing much bigger while still foldable, go up and down or twirl around, anything.

Here's a good look at the development of LEGO prices and some common misconceptions surrounding it:
http://therealityprose.wordpress.com/2013/01/17/what_happened_with_lego/

Quickly summarised, LEGO hasn't really become any more expensive as such. The perception that it's somehow become more expensive in the recent past is most likely due to a combination of the fact that there are now more and larger sets that commandeer a higher price, as well as the fact that you probably weren't as aware of the cost when you were younger. Because LEGO has never really been cheap.

Thanks for the link, amazing that guy went into all that detail.

It actually makes a bit more sense to me now. When I was a kid we didn't have nearly as many of the $150-$200 sets, and now that I'm an adult, it's all I want. :D

Last night, my father told me that he's going to give me all the families old lego. So I expect I'll be posting here as I rebuild all the models. A few of the sets i remember are 6339 (Space Shuttle w/ Launch pad), 6544 (Space shuttle w/ plane), 7181 (Star Wars Tie Interceptor) and 7965 (Star Wars Millennium Falcon).