The Post Your Pets Thread

All small dogs are assholes, with the exception of Jack Russells and some Westies. Same reason most short men are assholes.

My pups:

http://img220.imageshack.**/img220/5937/img20111106104948.jpg

Felix is growing quickly.

nyefs4.jpg

All small dogs are assholes, with the exception of Jack Russells and some Westies. Same reason most short men are assholes.

I can attest to that. *ahem* Anyway.

We used to have a Westie called Dougal. He was a little SHIT. One really demanding dog whenever I or me father weren't around. So of course it was me mam that spoiled him rotten 'cause he'd be on her case if she didn't an' she can control dogs about as well as prostitutes control how often their knickers go up an' down.

He'd bark like mad in a morning after me dad left the house for me mam to get up an' make him a cup of coffee. He'd bark like mad to go out, bark like mad to get let back in as soon as he'd gone outside. He'd inhale his food then he'd so yak up in a corner to save it for later or summat like that. Soon as me father walked back in for his dinner; Good as gold. Not a peep out the little bastard.

I had a Jack Russel too called Zero. Me father got rid of him 'cause he didn't like him. He tolerates the cats at best but god forbid me an' me mam having a dog. He just get's rid of 'em. But he's allowed three dogs himself. <_<

In the meantime, Leon likes watching the washing machine. :)
2011-11-05185712.jpg

Caska used to watch the washing machine as a kitten, she'd try and catch the clothes as they want round. :lol:

Caska is weird, last night, she was sleeping in a way which made it look she had a broken neck. :blink:

cat_sleeping_weirdly_by_lightningtremlett-d4fc4z9.jpg

Damn, I gotta get me a cat

What are some good breeds that are good lap cats?

Last edited:
I wouldn't be too hung up on breed, because each cat's personality is different. Some cats love to lie on your lap, some don't. My Maine Coon occasionally will straddle my thigh and go to sleep like that, but not very often.

The shelter I went to to get Fifi had a room where the owner and cat could get to know each other. If there's a shelter like that near you, I'd check it out. It gives you a much better idea of the cat's personality than seeing it in a cage. But be warned - cats can lie. Fifi jumped into my lap and snuggled up to me when we were in that room. Once I got her home, she didn't jump in my lap for two years afterward. And that was when I came home after 3 weeks vacation. :lol:

*sigh* it's all moot point anyway, just realised my rental place doesn't allow pets :S But my contract re-sign is due soon. Maybe I can leverage it

My main driver for getting a place of my own (besides stable accommodation and the ability to unpack once and for all) is there are two kittehs out there somewhere/somewhen that will be moving in and ruining my furniture.

Yeah, I'm still a poor international student (4th year, though). And rental is pretty much the only thing for me. If I do win it big in the lottery :)P), I'll definitely get myself a decent house with that money. It'll be a great investment too.

With the weather turning hotter, a few house flies have made it into the house. Odin was right on it. Hunting is his favourite new activity and he's very good at it.

I despair of Banshee sometimes. Although, as she's a cat, I should expect odd behaviour.

2116954_defhkmo034_m.jpg

"I hope for your sake you remembered the balloon!"

As some of you will know I met Indy, Spectre's cat, while in Dallas a couple of weeks ago. He just sent me this picture and I couldn't resist......

e165ef5b-66a2-4231-b395-2712f9beaec2.jpg