The Gun thread

I know. The reason I mentioned it was that there used to be a glut of police trade ins available for around 300 bucks.

They also weren't very good, which is part of the reason they were $300 or less.

The X9XX series are all out of production now, replaced by the M&P. Also weren't all that great when they were being made.

- - - Updated - - -

What, not a straight up single action? Springfield XD/XDm/XD mod 2.

I can second that.

Also, the Walther PPQ series is purported to be good and reasonable priced.

My friend has been semi-actively looking for one. I'll report back when he finally finds it.

Please do. We go shooting with a friend who works at a local high end firearm manufacture... and it's dangerous. I shot his built up RPD and man... soooooo addicting. Plus, I just have to admit it... There's something about the Russian firearms.

Sig P320?

I need something new to have fun with. Contenders so far, in no particular order:

-Mini 14*
-Tavor*
-SKS*
-M1 Garand*
-VEPR in 7.62x54r
-10/22 Takedown
-A .357 lever action
-Kel-Tec Sub2k
-S&W Model 19

The ones with * are new calibers that I'd be adding, which I'm hesitant to do due to cost and storage space shortages. The 10/22 I've always viewed as being of limited use; I can only shoot so many cans before I get bored. The Sub2k jams a lot with cheaper ammo, which is what I buy because my Glock eats everything. The Model 19 would be more of a treasured collectible and I wouldn't shoot it all that much, especially with .357 mag.

I guess that leaves the VEPR and the lever gun. Decisions decisions... Help!

I'd take the Garand, they're going to go up in value when the CMP runs out of them.

I would go for a Garand or a Henry lever gun. Avoid Marlin, they were bought by Freedom Group and their quality took a turn off a cliff.

The Tavor's trigger is shit, I wouldn't get one - especially at those prices. Desert Tech has a bullpup 5.56 coming out soon that will be a similar price point.

The Tavor's trigger can be fixed - Gissele has a drop in trigger pack for it, or will shortly.

I'd rather have the MDR. I shoot with someone who works for DT and the MDR is an amazing rifle that is far more adaptable than the Tavor.

EDIT:

Got it!

hjId2st.jpg

Last edited:
Bastid. Welp, that was fast. *appropriates FNP*

[video=youtube;L8DG44utN-Y]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L8DG44utN-Y[/video]

After a six-week wait I finally have my CCW license. Now begins the process of figuring out which carry position works best. Right on the side of my hip seems to work pretty well so far.

My brother brought home applications for LTCs for us so I guess I have no choice now. I only took the class 2 years ago :unsure:

My brother brought home applications for LTCs for us so I guess I have no choice now. I only took the class 2 years ago :unsure:
You should be good but if for whatever reason you want to take it again, I'm trying to set up a class some time in June.

Six weeks?? Why so long?

Because government. I think a lot of it had to do with more applications coming in after Ohio reduced the training requirements from a ridiculous 12 hours down to a somewhat more reasonable 8.