The Gun thread

I wasn't throwing my hat in the ring, my next Henry is already picked out. I'm saving up all my rebate money and quarterly health incentives from work before I treat myself.

/me watches videos about the FN 509 Tactical.

Must. Resist. Urge. To order.

Last edited:
RdKetchup;n3553363 said:
/me watches videos about the FN 509 Tactical.

Must. Resist. Urge. To order.

Give in. Resistance is futile!

I have never even seen an FN in person, but they always look so nice.

Been watching Demolition Ranch? He just shot two of them; they are interesting guns, but I think of them more as a novelty item. All the reviews I've read of them complain about the trigger.

Ruger has ruined me for customer service, they consistently have some of the best service I've experienced - from any industry, not just firearms.

LeVeL;n3553387 said:
I, meanwhile, have an inexplicable lust for a Chiappa Rhino. One can never have enough wheel guns.

I can't blame you. They look really cool.

This morning I finally went to the range to try my AR15. Shot 100 rounds through it, a mix of sighting it in (both the scope and the iron sights), shooting groups from the bench at 50 yards, and shooting standing with iron and the scope at 25.

I had a lot of fun shooting with just the iron sights, I have a feeling I will remove the scope quite often to use them (yay for QD mount, it seemed to hold it's zero just fine).

100% reliability, super fun to shoot. I was expecting the muzzle brake to reduce the muzzle rise and the recoil a bit more, but that's a minor point. The trigger isn't bad.

I was surprised by the amount of gaz blasting my face, that's something I never noticed on the previous 3 AR15 I shot or with my AR10.

I also bought a holster (Blade-Tech), a belt and 5 mag pouches (CR Speed) for my Shadow 2. In fact, I'm wearing the whole kit while I'm writing this.

I also bought the extended left side safety for the Shadow 2. Went back tonight to pick it back up, and shot 100 rounds through it while I was there. That extended safety really changes the gun. Obviously it makes putting the safety ON or OFF a million time easier, but it also gives a nice rest for the right hand thumb to push down and help with the control of the gun.

I used my bike for the evening trip, and I had to ride back with the pistol in my backpack. I still respected all the Canadian restricted firearms transport laws, but it just felt weird :D

DSC_9261-edt02fbe999ca6edb23.jpg

Last edited:
Heh, to say it "felt weird" the first time I carried would be an understatement. I was terrified that someone would see my gun and call the police. After a while I realized that people are completely blind.

Also, go farther with that AR! It starts to get fun at 100 yards on steel. I've done 200 but a buddy of mine has shot out to 1000 pretty accurately.

1,000 yards is getting out there for 5.56mm.

Hickok45 finally tries a Shadow 2

I have about $200 to blow at Cabela's and I'm considering putting it towards a new firearm.

1) CZ 2075 Rami
2) CZ Scorpion "pistol"
3) Henry .45-70 All-Weather

It might depend on what they can actually order in, since they don't regularly carry any of these, despite carrying both Henry and one CZ (okay, one CZ 75 compact). I know, all of these are really different, but all are on my "Want To Buy" list. I have my LC9s, but want something closer to my P-07 so both my defense guns feel similar. I don't have anything like the Scorpion in the safe. I have a Henry .44, but it was my dad's rifle and I want something I can take out camping and not feel bad it it shows some character.

Thoughts?

I like my Scorpion, but now that I have an AR15, I'm not sure I'll shoot it that much.

I would go Rami if you don't already have a "75" CZ.

I don't have a 75 series CZ, just my P-07 Duty, which I really enjoy.