The Aviation Thread [Contains Lots of Awesome Pictures]

pew pew pew....

I'm so bummed that program was canceled. The fear-factor alone of being able to BBQ tanks and missiles from 35,000 feet should have been enough to keep it going.

Plus it's really, really cool.

I'm not. Each branch does not need their own BMD system and Aegis BMD is cheaper, already in service and will be available in higher numbers than any USAF 747 with a laser in its nose.

Yeah, but they can't BBQ an armored vehicle into cooking off it's fuel and ammo. Remember the beginning of Real Genius? How goddamned awesome would that be?

I'm so bummed that program was canceled. The fear-factor alone of being able to BBQ tanks and missiles from 35,000 feet should have been enough to keep it going.

Plus it's really, really cool.

I'm fairly certain there's something in the geneva convention about actually DOING that.

Eh who am I kidding, it's not like anybody pays attention to any part of that document except the "Carpet bombing civilian areas is in bad taste" part.

I am quite certain that there are terriosts who did not bother signing such a document

So we shouldn't follow it because our enemies don't? +1 for Civilisation there.

CirrusSF50.jpg

Cirrus SF50.

Yeah, but they can't BBQ an armored vehicle into cooking off it's fuel and ammo. Remember the beginning of Real Genius? How goddamned awesome would that be?

Meh, killing tanks from the sky is what we have F-16's, A-10's, F-15E's, and soon the F-35 for.

I got to ride along in an early model Bonanza once and that was incredible. The back seat felt like a really cushy sofa and the plane was so much faster than the Cessna 150 I was used to.

What did the front seats feel like?

I'm having trouble getting comfortable in the Piper Warrior. I can either comfortably reach the rudder pedals or the wheel, but not both at once. I also keep hitting my head on the door cut-out when entering the aircraft.

Also, the wheel just sits far too low-down, so my instrutor and I always end up having our knees banged to hell after a flight. :lol:

If the original boast about the piper was that it was much more roomy than the Cessna, then I can only imagine the horror of a 152...

You can adjust the seat height on the Warrior. Look for a 'button' at the front of the seat, near the handle to move it forwards and backwards.

^ Someone would like to have a word with you Hellfire missile aimed at your house:

I was referring to aircraft capable of killing a tank, not helicopters. The AH-64 is a very impressive machine, however I am also a fan of the Super Cobra.

You can adjust the seat height on the Warrior. Look for a 'button' at the front of the seat, near the handle to move it forwards and backwards.

I've played with every single freakin adjustment option there is, but I still can't get fully comfortable. If I put the seat too low, then I can't see out the cockpit properly.

And the rudder trim is in the world's most retarded spot.

Then again, I think I am slightly oddly proportioned. I have long legs, but relatively short arms.

Last edited:
I was referring to aircraft capable of killing a tank, not helicopters. The AH-64 is a very impressive machine, however I am also a fan of the Super Cobra.

aircraft noun
A vehicle capable of atmospheric flight due to interaction with the air, such as buoyancy or lift.

Attack choppers are aircraft capable of killing tanks. :p

Speaking of the Super Cobra. YEAH BABY, Super Cobra, Super Stallion and (super) Globemaster III.
http://img175.imageshack.**/img175/6524/c17mh53supercobra.jpg

Don't forget Russia. Mi-28 Havoc.
http://img175.imageshack.**/img175/6255/272162557tvrolkph.jpg
http://img175.imageshack.**/img175/3949/milmi28havoc.jpg

Having flow on something with a glass cockpit of sorts: Glass cockpit = WIN.