1845000.jpg

1068781.jpg

2126794.jpg

0541868.jpg

2032113.jpg

7410436318_10a7e6da43_b.jpg

258965015_73e696a975_b.jpg

A quick update on the Dave TV series "Bush Pilots" set in Botswana,
which may be of interest to some of aspiring commercial pilots on FG.

Without giving any spoilers away, the series doesn't just concentrate on established pilots so much or the guests (tourists) really at all.

It is mainly about a group of CPL trained rookies, who go out there at the start of the "hiring" season on tourist visas and live in tents for up to three months,
then go through various stages of interviews to get their first professional pilot's job.
These stages include CPL technical papers, psychometric and flight tests. Dunno which of the featured rookies gets the jobs, last episode is Friday.

The established pilots do feature, ferrying guests up to the bush camps as well.
It also shows them on check flights, when they upgrade to a larger aircraft types.Today's was a check flight with the Chief Pilot for a Cessna Caravan. This comprised of "steep turns", dead stick forced landing drills, plus full dead engine landing back at the field.

Good series for pilots and aviation nerds alike, so well done Dave TV.
(Please ignore as before, sometimes silly narration commentary scripts. "OMG it is bad weather in the rainy season"., etc.)

"Bush Pilots" also showed two aircraft I'd not seen before from the Antipodes:

From New Zealand

Pacific Aircraft P750

From Australia

Gippsland Airvan GA8

:cool:

Last edited:
So I was in the "Technik Museum" of Speyer yesterday. Some really interesting stuff here. For example:

X5J0F.jpg

Ba1oA.jpg

u6nQ1.jpg

c4oHk.jpg

5enLh.jpg

9l9h6.jpg

FjbY0.jpg

m4ETN.jpg

aB7d3.jpg

OqlQH.jpg

h4S6m.jpg

PbFQa.jpg

3jYxI.jpg

But the position the plane is parked is really weird. It makes you feel really drunk walking around inside. The last picture gives a hint how crooked it is (the ladder is leveled).

Last edited:
Of course. Why not :p

I'll post some more pics soon. Have to go now.

The 747 that's near me is part of a waterpark at the aviation museum where the Spruce Goose lives. :cool:

Landing is for suckers.

r9YBM.jpg

Is that Doolittle's raiders at practice?

So I start my ATPL Training tomorrow. To say I'm excited is a huge understatement.