The Aviation Thread [Contains Lots of Awesome Pictures]

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Aviation Thread [Contains Lots of Awesome Pictures]

The Awesome thread was starting to turn into an aircraft thread, so I think it'd be nice if we move all aircraft conversations to a new thread.

So, aviation nuts, post away!

*Could mods move the aircraft posts from the awesome thread over????

Anyway, something to kickstart conversations

Last edited by nsx_23; January 18th, 2010, 9:46 AM.
    Understeer is when you hit the tree with the front, oversteer is when you hit it with the back.

A Gulfstream on Bora Bora. Life is good.

[/thread]

Comment

nsx, what is that wonderful abomination?
      PunisherBass: ANYONE with an IQ higher than a jar of mayo wouldn't be able to get through the scientology mumbojumbo without laughing their ass off.
      Clegg: PunisherBass, quit insulting mayo.

Comment

I just love the Globemaster. Such a beast!

Comment

Planet Express Ship:

Comment

Originally posted by smib View Post
            nsx, what is that wonderful abomination?
            Sikorsky X-Wing
            Understeer is when you hit the tree with the front, oversteer is when you hit it with the back.

Comment

^+1

Comment

PunisherBass: ANYONE with an IQ higher than a jar of mayo wouldn't be able to get through the scientology mumbojumbo without laughing their ass off.

Comment

Oh man, imagine how much better that would have been if I didn't suck so bad at that lol cat shit! I don't know the correct font or how to properly misspell the words and i can't help but feel that my text placement is poor at best for achieving the highest levels of funny...

Comment

Northrop P-61 Black Widow

Sometimes, you just need to go overboard with the glossy black paint.
                    "Power corrupts. Lack of power corrupts absolutely."
                    -Redliner, ironically

Comment

Purely because i'm off to fly that actual aircraft in 2 hours, never flown Cessna before, more of a Robin man...

Comment

^I've had the pleasure of flying a Cessna before (With a fully qualified pilot of course, not on my own). Very easy to handle.

Comment

Last edited by Brother Michael; August 1st, 2009, 6:56 PM.
                          -Every man dies, not every man really lives-
                          http://bromic.kinja.com/

Comment

Since I'm a sucker for vintage warplanes:

Comment

Best display team in the world! The Red Arrows

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kZVHDMJkYNk[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w1CJ3NBTu-Y[/YOUTUBE]

In the second video.. The woman who flys for the Thunderbirds.. I umm.. umm.. Well pretty.
                              "...If your patient is not making any respiratory effort and has no palpable pulse, however, is Alert on the AVPU scale. You can assume Zombie Apocalypse has occurred. Please turn to page 23 of your JRCALC..."

"But Jesus I counted three sets of footprints." Jesus' eyes narrowed as he drew his pistol. "Son of a bitch found us."
                              IV - VIII - XV - XVI - XXIII - XLII
                              ƃıʇs ǝɥʇ ɯɐ ı
                              My Flickr Account

Comment

So who here actually holds a pilot's licence? I was considering getting mine, but its far too expensive, and I'd rather get my racing licence first.

Comment

Originally posted by Labcoatguy View Post
                                  Northrop P-61 Black Widow

Sometimes, you just need to go overboard with the glossy black paint.
                                  That is one of my favorite WW2 aircraft.

They have one at the Smithsonian Dullex Annex which I went to 3 weeks ago.

"The beatings will continue until morale improves".

"Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge." -Isaac Asimov

Comment

Every so often on various military forums I'll hear a story about how Iran turned over several F-14's over to the Soviets to look at. Usually they will provide this picture as "proof".

Neat huh?

Too bad it is a fake.

"The beatings will continue until morale improves".

"Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge." -Isaac Asimov

Comment

Obviously most excellent and belongs in the thread.

And this one is a dear favourite. The original commercial jet.
                                      Last edited by darkshark0159; August 1st, 2009, 4:10 PM.
                                      darkshark0159. Returning to Final Gear this Christmas.
                                      darkshark0159. Retourer au Final Gear ce Noël.
                                      darkshark0159. Kehrt nach Final Gear zu Weihnachten.
                                      darkshark0159. Kommer att återvända till Final Gear vid jul.

Comment

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Austere again.
                                        Also, gotta love the old war planes.

Comment

Working...
                                        X