No announcement yet.

Weird Dreams Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where is the weird? I come in here for the weird, and frankly, that was fairly pedestrian.
    "I don't care who does the electing, so long as I get to do the nominating" -Boss Tweed

"No man's life, liberty or happiness are safe while Congress is in session,"- Mark Twain

Comment

It was somebody my brother dated?
      1993 Ford F-150 Flareside - July 2010 - August 2013
      2004 Ford Mustang - September 2013 - February 2018
      1987 Mercury Colony Park GS - August 2015 - Present
      2003 EZGO TXT - March 2015 - Present (it's road legal!)
      2018 Volkswagen Golf GTI 6-Speed (February 2018 - Present)

Comment

Ever heard the song Jessie's Girl? That is a old tale, told many times by many people.
        "I don't care who does the electing, so long as I get to do the nominating" -Boss Tweed

"No man's life, liberty or happiness are safe while Congress is in session,"- Mark Twain

Comment

1993 Ford F-150 Flareside - July 2010 - August 2013
          2004 Ford Mustang - September 2013 - February 2018
          1987 Mercury Colony Park GS - August 2015 - Present
          2003 EZGO TXT - March 2015 - Present (it's road legal!)
          2018 Volkswagen Golf GTI 6-Speed (February 2018 - Present)

Comment

Last night I had a weird dream...

First I flew on a tiny turboprop plane (yes, specifically turboprop) to northern Norway or Canada (same difference ), the plane landed on a dirt runway. We embarked into a tiny restaurant (see the recurring "tiny"? That was the theme of this dream apparently) inside the airport building, then all of a sudden I was on a train which ran through valleys. The mountains were partly interspersed with caves which in past times were apparently used as defensive fortifications since there were still artillery and anti-aircraft guns inside, but they were clearly all defunct. The train partly ran on streets through tiny villages and didn't care about red lights, even when I shouted to the train conductor to stop when we approached crowded intersections. To my amazement the traffic always cleared right before the train arrived at the intersections, even though it was gridlocked moments before. I'd guess the people driving the cars in the gridlock knew that they wouldn't stand a chance against a train...

Then I woke up.

In retrospective it had to be Norway since Canada doesn't need artillery and anti-aircraft guns...
            Why E10? I'm driving E46...

Comment

Another one from last night: I was supposed to teach someone a text editor on a PC, I prepared hundreds of lessons, but all she was interested in was drawing a detailed combat helmet. Amazingly she was able to draw it in the text editor, and not in ASCII art but as if she was using a graphics program like Photoshop.

Comment

Here's a doozy from last night.

It's not the content of the dream that's that impressive, but the way it played out. Other than the fact that I was pretty succssfully hitting it off with who a person I now realize was played by Deborah Ann Wool, but that's beside the point.

In the dream an event happened that in the dream I remembered having happened before (in real life it hadn't, because this event in particular hasn't happened and has quite a low chance of happening in the first place) and my mind conjured up memories of that past event, down to the date, location and smaller events tied to it. Now... was this a false memory my mind was making up on the spot or was I remembering a previous dream I had, but forgotten? At various points I had realized I was dreaming and it felt like a continuation of a previous dream, which I do believe is the first step towards lucid dreaming, but I couldn't take advantage of it and instead just woke up.

Final Gear around the world care package
                discussion | photos | spreadsheet | map

Comment

Incidentally I had a weird dream last night as well: I was with a current colleague in the city I used to go to high school. I had my bicycle with me and had to fiddle around with it, my colleague left so we would meet up where we wanted to go. After I was done with fiddling around with my bicycle I went to catch him, but somehow he didn't take the same route as me so I never saw him on my way. I went through the pedestrian precinct of said city I used to go to high school (no alterations here, it was exactly that pedestrian precinct), but a bridge crossing a river had been demolished shortly before. The detour was down to the riverbed and through the river on a submerged sandbank which I managed to navigate without getting my feet wet even though I didn't have my bike with me anymore. On the other side of the river the steps up didn't lead back to the pedestrian precinct I was before, instead it lead to a field which I crossed. I arrived at a yard of a beer brewery, but the floor of the yard was a couple of meters below the field. To help with getting to the floor of the yard there were beer crates laid out like steps, but irregularly. I didn't just walk down those stairs since they were partly too high so I more or less floated down to the next step.

Comment

Working...
                  X