Weird Dreams Thread

Where is the weird? I come in here for the weird, and frankly, that was fairly pedestrian.

It was somebody my brother dated?

Ever heard the song Jessie's Girl? That is a old tale, told many times by many people.

Yeah, I?ve heard the song in public areas. Never actively listened to it.

Last night I had a weird dream...

First I flew on a tiny turboprop plane (yes, specifically turboprop) to northern Norway or Canada (same difference :p ), the plane landed on a dirt runway. We embarked into a tiny restaurant (see the recurring "tiny"? That was the theme of this dream apparently) inside the airport building, then all of a sudden I was on a train which ran through valleys. The mountains were partly interspersed with caves which in past times were apparently used as defensive fortifications since there were still artillery and anti-aircraft guns inside, but they were clearly all defunct. The train partly ran on streets through tiny villages and didn't care about red lights, even when I shouted to the train conductor to stop when we approached crowded intersections. To my amazement the traffic always cleared right before the train arrived at the intersections, even though it was gridlocked moments before. I'd guess the people driving the cars in the gridlock knew that they wouldn't stand a chance against a train...

Then I woke up.

In retrospective it had to be Norway since Canada doesn't need artillery and anti-aircraft guns... :p

Another one from last night: I was supposed to teach someone a text editor on a PC, I prepared hundreds of lessons, but all she was interested in was drawing a detailed combat helmet. Amazingly she was able to draw it in the text editor, and not in ASCII art but as if she was using a graphics program like Photoshop. :?

Here's a doozy from last night.

It's not the content of the dream that's that impressive, but the way it played out. Other than the fact that I was pretty succssfully hitting it off with who a person I now realize was played by Deborah Ann Wool, but that's beside the point.

In the dream an event happened that in the dream I remembered having happened before (in real life it hadn't, because this event in particular hasn't happened and has quite a low chance of happening in the first place) and my mind conjured up memories of that past event, down to the date, location and smaller events tied to it. Now... was this a false memory my mind was making up on the spot or was I remembering a previous dream I had, but forgotten? At various points I had realized I was dreaming and it felt like a continuation of a previous dream, which I do believe is the first step towards lucid dreaming, but I couldn't take advantage of it and instead just woke up. :(

:lol:

Incidentally I had a weird dream last night as well: I was with a current colleague in the city I used to go to high school. I had my bicycle with me and had to fiddle around with it, my colleague left so we would meet up where we wanted to go. After I was done with fiddling around with my bicycle I went to catch him, but somehow he didn't take the same route as me so I never saw him on my way. I went through the pedestrian precinct of said city I used to go to high school (no alterations here, it was exactly that pedestrian precinct), but a bridge crossing a river had been demolished shortly before. The detour was down to the riverbed and through the river on a submerged sandbank which I managed to navigate without getting my feet wet even though I didn't have my bike with me anymore. On the other side of the river the steps up didn't lead back to the pedestrian precinct I was before, instead it lead to a field which I crossed. I arrived at a yard of a beer brewery, but the floor of the yard was a couple of meters below the field. To help with getting to the floor of the yard there were beer crates laid out like steps, but irregularly. I didn't just walk down those stairs since they were partly too high so I more or less floated down to the next step.

Now this was a properly weird dream so I had to write it up immediately...

In the dream I owned the Swift and a Mercedes G-Wagon. At some point I drove with the Swift on the Autobahn while someone else drove the G-Wagon. Suddenly many people apparently got very angry at me, cutting me off and cursing at me. Since I drove very defensively I ignored them until a police car came up behind me with blues and twos. Being a good citizen I stopped at the next gas station and stepped out of the Swift from the back seat (remember, this is the Swift, it doesn't have back seats). The police officers started shouting at me why I failed to stop when they were behind me for a long time, but I thought they were behind me just for a short amount of time and I thought I stopped immediately. Then they proceeded to point at the G-Wagon, stating they saw it tailgaiting other cars, flashing it's headlights and even trying to ram them off the road. I didn't understand why they were mad at me, but they didn't seem to register that I drove the Swift and not the G-Wagon. It went back and forth, they let me wear a VR-headset showing me what the G-Wagon did and whatnot. After a couple of hours they finally understood that it wasn't me driving the G-Wagon which they only thought because I owned it. o_O

I had a dream t'other night whereby me and Girlfriend_70s were watching some dogs playing in a park. Then there was a big grey wolf playing in amongst the dogs. Then the dogs were ours. Then the wolf was ours.

We had a pack of pet dogs, which was great. And a pet wolf, which was cool as fuck.

Last night I had one of the most vivid dreams in recent memory. It properly freaked me out.

I dreamt that I woke up this morning and having logged onto BBC News to catch up on the headlines over my coffee found myself reading James May's obituary.

Last night I dreamt that @Dr_Grip and I went to binge drink in some pubs Berlin - presumably, because the dream began on the way home.
Which involved swimming in the Spree river and ended when he broke his hand after jumping from the Spree cliffs (yeah right... the area is in fact very flat) and landing on the shore instead of in the water. He then sat down there uttering that everything is fine and no, there is no need for an ambulance while I couldn't call that ambulance because my phone had died due to being in my pocket while swimming.

A few weeks ago I had a shocking dream.

Someone I know who I haven't talked to in years was in it. The scene was, I got pulled over by the police, I'm going through the normal stuff when my old friend pulls up behind, gets out and starts talking to the police, I remember getting out of my car at that time, and then getting on the ground in a nearby field in some bushes to hide. After that, I see old friend walk out to the field pull out a gun and shoot himself in the head and I watch his body fall to the ground with a thump. The whole time I'm yelling but theres no reaction from anybody as if everyone is deaf.

After that I wake up and it's 3AM. I don't remember having that deep of a connection to this person and like I said haven't talked to him in years. It was weird and I couldn't go back to sleep for a few hours.

Just woke up from this one.

A friend and I pitched a show idea to a few companies like Netflix and Prime, anyway it got accepted and W Chump and sons were the company that did all the production work on it. We simply designed the prank and took part in revealing it to the victim. The trio also took part in some of the pranks.

The first prank happened to a guy on his birthday. We made it appear to be a stunt jump was happening at his home when he returned from a day out with family. Hammond played the stunt jumper that failed to clear the House and May was the stunt coordinator trying to comfort him on the stretcher. It all went brilliantly and we all had a big laugh at the end.

The last prank for the second season was Donald Trump supposedly using Eminent Domain to take Oprah Winfrey's house to make a new golf course. It was timed to happen just as she returned from vacation. The news was broke to her by her boyfriend just as she was pulling up to the house. It even included a Trump impersonator, fake tweets, and a few of her staff being detained o sell it. He pulled in just after she did. He completely ignored her for several minutes as he looked over the plans and then he bragged about how glorious this was to him. He then said "I can't wait to see Alec Baldwin's face later tonight" as he ran for the limo.

That is where I woke up.

Last night I dreamt I went to a, erm, Asian massage parlour (shut up!), paid for full service, but passed out from the actual massage and was asleep for the rest of the activities.

I dreamt that I was doing a roadtrip back from Ringmeet.
To Brazil.
By car.

I dreamt that I was doing a roadtrip back from Ringmeet.
To Brazil.
By car.

arriving in Calais 62 hours after departing from Rio like:

SpiritedFlippantBluetonguelizard-size_restricted.gif

One more weird dream for me last night: I was in the town where I grew up, but had one of my current bicycles with me. I cycled towards the high rise building (it's not a skyscraper, it's just 14 floors ;) ) I used to live when someone shouted at me if I knew where the house with the number 11 was. I didn't know, but what I did know was that the numbers in that street weren't assigned according to the normal pattern (even numbers on one side of the street, odd numbers on the other), instead they went like a horseshoe around the end of the street. Helpful me took out my phone to look up the address in some maps app which pointed us towards an opening between two of the high rise buildings. To get to number 11 we had to climb up a steep hill so we did, afterwards we entered the building via a window. Apparently we disturbed something because everybody in the room was mad at us. Then the guy went to another room which was his old class room apparently, and even though he finished school 40 years ago according to him the room looked exactly the same as he saw it the last time 40 years ago.

One more weird dream for me last night: I was in the town where I grew up, but had one of my current bicycles with me. I cycled towards the high rise building (it's not a skyscraper, it's just 14 floors ;) ) I used to live when someone shouted at me if I knew where the house with the number 11 was. I didn't know, but what I did know was that the numbers in that street weren't assigned according to the normal pattern (even numbers on one side of the street, odd numbers on the other), instead they went like a horseshoe around the end of the street. Helpful me took out my phone to look up the address in some maps app which pointed us towards an opening between two of the high rise buildings. To get to number 11 we had to climb up a steep hill so we did, afterwards we entered the building via a window. Apparently we disturbed something because everybody in the room was mad at us. Then the guy went to another room which was his old class room apparently, and even though he finished school 40 years ago according to him the room looked exactly the same as he saw it the last time 40 years ago.

What language are your dreams in? Something I’ve wondered about for those that are multi-lingual.

That's a good question, to be honest I don't know, but I'll try to remember next time. ;)