The "Things that annoy me" thread

Some more supermarket annoyances: Parking lots that are lopsided. You start loading the stuff from your trolley into the boot of your car and the trolley rolls away, right in the middle of the lane. Why can't they build them flat? And no, I'm not talking about slight slopes to let the rain flow away.

Our local ALDI store has a carpark like this, combine big slope + me + heavy, full shopping trolley = 'ARGH! I'm gonna loose control of it and wreck someone's car and get in trouble OMFG!' every time I go there. It's also bloody hard work pushing the full trolley uphill for me. Blegh, sweaty and undignified. Before anyone says, 'DUH why don't you just work out!?' I'm not unfit, I'm just tiny. I have as almost as little control over a trolley as some of those aforementioned kids. :lol:

People not using shopping trolleys. Couples are especially good at this. Instead they carry the amount of stuff, that could fill a trolley, on their arms and in small shopping baskets to the cashier, throw it all on the belt, pull out bags they brought with them and try to lumber it all up in a funny race with the cashier moving it over the scanner. Of course they're losing that race and are still busy with stuffing the goods into their bags, then realizing their bags cannot take it all, so they're finally clenching bits under their arms, while trying to pay in cash with counting each single cent. All this resulting in about 5 minutes of waiting for the following customers. Shopping trolleys have been invented for a reason!!!
LOL... I'm actually quite good at this - all from practice, I suppose. I know how much my backpack will take, I put my stuff on the belt in the order I'm going to pack it and I usually pay with plastic, so any packing backlog that may exist vanishes while the payment computer thingy is busy doing its thing. What does annoy me is people standing around in the walkways. EXCUSE ME, I really don't want to listen to your varicose vein story!

We have special little kiddie sized carts so the rugrats have something to push around to keep them occupied....... Bloody things are so low to the ground you cant possibly see and avoid them so your lower legs end up getting smashed, or you almost step on them. (the trolley not the kids, although that has sorta been known to happen aswell :ph34r:)
Don't they have little "flagpoles" on those carts where you live?

My mortgage interest going up to 5.45% Grrrrrrr.

The interest on loans goes up regularly, but the interest on saving accounts takes forever to creep up, if they do at all. I'm sick of it.

LOL... I'm actually quite good at this - all from practice, I suppose. I know how much my backpack will take, I put my stuff on the belt in the order I'm going to pack it and I usually pay with plastic, so any packing backlog that may exist vanishes while the payment computer thingy is busy doing its thing. What does annoy me is people standing around in the walkways. EXCUSE ME, I really don't want to listen to your varicose vein story!

What annoys me is people FIRST packing ALL their groceries (preferably when their cart is filled to the brim with shit) in bags, THEN fumble around for their plastic money, and only then start paying with it.

What annoys me is LOST.

I accidentally watched the first two episodes. Either I forget what I just saw or I watch seven more seasons of this epilepsy inducing cat and mouse chase-random clueless mystery fest.

I never watched "Lost", because I got annoyed by "X-Files" long ago and didn't want to get into another on-the-fly mystery series, where obviously not even the writers have a clue about where it's heading.

I only watched 2 episodes of Lost and I was right about what was going on and how it ended. Want me to ruin it for you? :p

Don't they have little "flagpoles" on those carts where you live?

Yeah they do, but I find the flags hard to spot when they are moving around against a busy coloured background (like supermarket isles)

The fact that I am the worlds most useless shopper might have to do with this aswell. I'm always in a hurry, I hate beeing there so I just want to get out asap, and I never know where anything is so I end up dashing around like an idiot........

Political discussion in talk shows on TV.

I notice it on German TV but I suppose it's the same everywhere: The same dumb douchebags get invited into talk shows over and over again just because them talking rubbish makes the discussion interesting.

If you only had intelligent people knowing their stuff having a factual conversation -- even a controversial one -- it would lack the kind of action the talk shows get good ratings for.

Honestly, I rarely can bare watching political discussions on TV for more than 5 minutes, because everytime it gets interesting and everytime there is somebody who has something intelligent to say, somebody else starts talking complete rubbish and is even encouraged to do so by the host.

Currently we have a couple of female talk show hosts here, who have the nasty habit of never letting their guests end a sentence, cutting them off, just when it becomes interesting. Instead they give the word to some idiot, who shouldn't be there in the first place.

Currently we have a couple of female talk show hosts here, who have the nasty habit of never letting their guests end a sentence, cutting them off, just when it becomes interesting. Instead they give the word to some idiot, who shouldn't be there in the first place.
Someone's been too slow to get to the remote when Sandra Maischberger came on... :lol:

Someone's been too slow to get to the remote when Sandra Maischberger came on... :lol:

And Anne Will and Maybrit Illner. Sabine Christiansen started it all and I will never forgive her for it.

Seriously, these ladies would even invite a Taliban, just to get a counterpoint, when all other guests agree on religious fundamentalism being something bad.

This kind of talk show has become so omnipresent, that we now even have a male version of these ladies: Markus Lanz. Although he often is unintentionally funny and charming in a way, it's also very annoying, when one of his guests has something interesting to say and he suddenly cuts them off in the middle of their sentences, because he just remembered a joke or wants to make a trivial comment.

It's never good when a talk show host is a self-exposer.

Last edited:
When people put generic "Wal-Mart/Target/KMart" hubcaps on their cars.

The way they look irritates me esp. if you know what the stock hubcaps/wheels look like

having no monies and having bills to pay
.... and then visiting the "new toys" thread...

When people think having a disabled badge is an excuse to park badly.

They don't think that, they are just disabled and not very good at it.