The "Things that annoy me" thread

Ordered something the other day and it was shipped FedEx International Overnight Priority from Hong Kong yesterday to be delivered today. Knowing I wouldn't be home to accept the package at 10:30am (the promised delivery time), I chose to customize the delivery and have it dropped off at my apartment complex office so I could pick it up after work. Just got an email from FedEx saying that they could not deliver the item because no one was home to accept it. NO SHIT SHERLOCK, I TOLD YOU THAT. The tracking number on the website says they will try to re-deliver it on Monday, but thats no good, I need this item ASAP, which is why it was shipped with the fastest service. Called them to ask why it wasn't left at the apartment complex office as per my instructions, and they said they didn't know, but that it would be redelivered Monday at the same time (I already knew that). Yelled at them for a little bit saying that was not acceptable, and they need to go back and drop off the package at my apartment complex today because they screwed up. They said they would try, but I don't know how successful this will end up being.
PHP:

Part 2. FedEx did go back and dropped the package off at the leasing office. They close at 6:00pm. I rushed home from work, arrived at 5:54pm..... only to find the office closed. What the fuck?!

I used to live in a gated apartment complex and the only way in was through the office. They pulled that shit all the time. Even worse, was when they would ACCEPT the package and then close early, eliminating ANY chance of picking it up at the hub.

Do you have the number of the office folks? An after-hours emergency number?

- - - Updated - - -

They will eventually. I didn't see a defender notification until... mid November or something like that on my HP Laptop that I've had since June.

I installed Win 7 during the free upgrade period. So strange...

People are idiots.

There are probably two kinds of people:

The ones that assume everything is alright as long as they don't get any contradictory information.

And then there are the people that need to hear on a constant basis that everything is still alright.

I fall into the first category, but I used to work with someone that belongs to the second group of people. While I always thought "I'm probably doing alright" and therefore never needed any compliments or whatever at work, he constantly bitched about that his work would be underappreciated because he never got any compliments. Nevermind that he also did a fine job, he just wanted to be reminded of it every so often, while I would only want to hear if something was going wrong. Also, compliments make me very uneasy.

This country is fucking crap at weather, any weather.....

So the first 'real snow' was predicted for last night, newsreports yesterday noon warning people about codes red and orange and murder and death and the snowpocalypse, cops and officials on the news urging people to stay indoors!!!!! OMG!!!! You will all die!!!!!, so senior citizens fearing for their lives and every idiot in a hatchback terrified, 'the weather' beeing everything anyone ever talked about ALL FUCKING DAY and how they were all canceling their weekend plans......

This morning? 5mm's of snow and granted, lots of black and not so black ice, took me 5 minutes to clear a path and 2 to clear the car, slightly slippery in places but perfectly possible to drive in.
Unless offcourse you are the kind that is incompetent behind the wheel at the best of times, in which case you should not be driving, ever, and judging from the stupidity I have seen from the people that risked life, limb, certain death and most importantly the governements wrath (****) by daring to venture outside today, that means almost everybody in this country.

Shops were quiet though.....

(****) Subrelated : dear government, don't tell me what to fucking do, I don't come to Brussels to tell you how to fuck this country up either.

LEAVE. ME. ALONE.

Last edited:

I agree completely, we suck at snow & ice, but over in my neck of the woods it wasn't snow that as the problem, rather rain that froze immediately.... I can't walk down the street without sliding around on foot, so I guess for once they werent exaggerating....

Had nowhere in particular I needed to be either, so I didn't clutter up the roads either

Last edited:
Ah the slip-leg-lock dance. I hate that. It'll probably happen this week here. Tuesday supposed to be in the upper 40s (freedom units) and rain. Then in the evening get down to the 20s.

I agree completely, we suck at snow & ice, but over in my neck of the woods it wasn't snow that as the problem, rather rain that froze immediately.... I can't walk down the street without sliding around on foot, so I guess for once they werent exaggerating....

Same here, freezing rain left everything too slippery to walk or drive. While the warnings are drastic, there's a lot to them - freezing rain is no fun, so better get informed about it twice than not at all.

My phone didn't want to charge with the two chargers in the livingroom or my powerbank, it will with the charger in the bedroom, they are all normal chargers and have all worked with it before, and I could charge the powerbank with one of the chargers in the livingroom so I know it works :wall:

Do the other chargers work with your phone if you use the cable from the bedroom?

One has a fixed cable, the other no, powerbank yes.

Same here, freezing rain left everything too slippery to walk or drive. While the warnings are drastic, there's a lot to them - freezing rain is no fun, so better get informed about it twice than not at all.

If an individual 'need to be told twice' before he/she/it notices that every single surface outside (including the car he/she/it is about to get into most likely) is covered in a layer of ice like it was this morning, he/she/it really does not deserve to be saved from itself.....

This panic mongering is only there for ass covering by those that do not deserve the power they have, and those that have every interest in keeping the good little sheeple believing they need strong leadership to tell them what to do.

I don't expect you to understand.

Last edited:
If an individual 'need to be told twice' before he/she/it notices that every single surface outside (including the car he/she/it is about to get into most likely) is covered in a layer of ice like it was this morning, he/she/it really does not deserve to be saved from itself.....

This panic mongering is only there for ass covering by those that do not deserve the power they have, and those that have every interest to keep the good little sheeple believing they need strong leadership.

I don't expect you to understand.

I have no idea where you got 'need to be told twice' from. How often you hear the information depends on your media consumption, and it's repeated there so people with low consumption still get the information.
If you get up in the morning, look outside, and find yourself in a world of ice then yeah, you should be capable of knowing what to do.
However, unless you're an amateur meteorologist (or get weather info like this from some media outlet, but you don't seem to approve of being informed told what to do...), how are you supposed to know if in two hours' time your dry -10?C day will turn into a world of ice through freezing rain? I doubt you can forecast weather on your own, can you?

I have no idea where you got 'need to be told twice' from. How often you hear the information depends on your media consumption, and it's repeated there so people with low consumption still get the information.
If you get up in the morning, look outside, and find yourself in a world of ice then yeah, you should be capable of knowing what to do.
However, unless you're an amateur meteorologist (or get weather info like this from some media outlet, but you don't seem to approve of being informed told what to do...), how are you supposed to know if in two hours' time your dry -10?C day will turn into a world of ice through freezing rain? I doubt you can forecast weather on your own, can you?

There is a slight gap between informing people on the coming weather, and telling them to stay indoors causing unnecessary panic, again, you would not know the difference.

Also, I can forecast weather on my own, I have a rock on a string outside.

Last edited:
There is a slight gap between informing people on the coming weather, and telling them to stay indoors causing unnecessary panic, again, you would not know the difference.

Have you tried not consuming media if it outrages you that much?

See...I don't necessarily have an issue with talking about worst-case scenario...but take this guy for example:

It DIDN'T go 20 miles inland. So damage was relatively minimal in comparison to his dire prediction...so where do they go from here when the next one comes? "Ok, we *really* mean it this time..."

Have you tried not consuming media if it outrages you that much?

This was never about media narf, this was about the people coming onto said media and using it for mass control every chance they get.

Last edited:
This was never about media narf, this was about the people coming onto said media and using it for mass control every chance they get.

Meteorologists are out for mass control? :lmao:

- - - Updated - - -

See...I don't necessarily have an issue with talking about worst-case scenario...but take this guy for example:

It DIDN'T go 20 miles inland. So damage was relatively minimal in comparison to his dire prediction...so where do they go from here when the next one comes? "Ok, we *really* mean it this time..."

He's an idiot :dunno: very poor choice of words... though the forecast cone isn't his, it's from the NHC. Explaining to the viewer that the line down the middle isn't a sure thing is good. Just not like that, but what can you expect from 24/7 news media, let alone Fox?

Once you look past the sensationalism though... I've been in Florida during Matthew, and it was quite a good idea not to be at the Atlantic coast.

Meteorologists are out for mass control

If you are going to play the deliberatly optuse troll thing, this conversation is over....you know damn well what I mean.

My phone didn't want to charge with the two chargers in the livingroom or my powerbank, it will with the charger in the bedroom, they are all normal chargers and have all worked with it before, and I could charge the powerbank with one of the chargers in the livingroom so I know it works :wall:

Do you have an iPhone 5 or newer? The jacks get plugged with dust and can impede the connection. If you straighten a paper clip and dig from side to side, you get crap pulled out.