The "Things that annoy me" thread

Or when "Brazil" isn't even in the list of countries, even though they claim "Worldwide shipping".
That's pretty shit. Usually for us, they don't recognise our states in those drop down boxes, so it makes it hard to input a correct address anyway.

That?s stopped people on this forum before? :)
Got around it. I remembered that the post office offered me a US mailing address when I signed up for their parcel service, to link all my addresses together, and just activated that. So it's now going to my 'personal' address in Portland (hi Viper!), and then on to Aussieland.

Do you want to buy a hoodie with built-in WMD? :p
No, built in protection from WMDs, for when Mr Cheeto and the angry, angry little man try to blow us all to smitherines, while arguing over who has the biggest dick - even though I'm sure neither of them have seen theirs in a very long time.

Reactions: MWF
It is against the law to sell Cheeto protection without a permit to foreigners. I think it was intended for Mexico, but as usual, there was some overkill added in to make sure. ;)

Damn bavarians, (I hope unintentionally) rubbing my nose in the fact that we have fewer public holidays than them. I bought an ebay item from a buyer in Bavaria, the seller sent it today and wrote "...because of the two public holidays the package will arrive later..." - tomorrow is reformation day which usually isn't a public holiday, but this year it's an exception because it's the 500th anniversary of the reformation. Bavarians get Corpus Christi (which is the day after tomorrow) as a public holiday as well, we don't, and I was pretty stoked that we are getting the day off tomorrow... :neutral:

Bavaria has 14 (this year 15!) public holidays a year which is the most in Germany while Hamburg has just 9 (this year 10) which is tied with four other states...

Yeah, that?s screwing my office up because, we need something expedited for a customer and we?re being told they?re closed until Thursday. Unless BW has another holiday or I misunderstood that there?s only two days off and they go back Thursday.

The public holidays are on Tuesday and Wednesday so they should be back on Thursday.

Oh, and I just had another ebay purchase from another state (Northrhine-Westphalia) with the same statement... -.-

Corpus Christi (which is the day after tomorrow)
Unless Bavaria is time-travelling, the day after tomorrow is All Saints' Day.... :p

Also, due to some less religious states not having Nov. 1st as a holiday, I am on call on that day: Our support contracts cover "Mondays to Saturdays 7 to 19 h except for nationwide holidays". :(

Last edited:
Whatever, in Hamburg we have neither the one nor the other so same difference... :shakefist:

I freelance. Do I get a consolation prize because the concept of holidays doesn't even apply to what I do?

Fuuuuuck you, Facebook.

"Facebook notifications have changed. You may notice that this tab is separated into two sections:
New: Recent notifications you may not have seen yet. These notifications are listed by how relevant we think they are to you, so they may appear to be out of order."

Fuuuuck. Why do they make it so hard to just want to see everything in my feed.

Fuuuuuck you, Facebook.

"Facebook notifications have changed. You may notice that this tab is separated into two sections:
New: Recent notifications you may not have seen yet. These notifications are listed by how relevant we think they are to you, so they may appear to be out of order."

Fuuuuck. Why do they make it so hard to just want to see everything in my feed.

To keep increasing Facebook?s ?stickiness.?

They want you to keep coming back, to feel like you?re missing a notification so you?ll stay in the app longer trying to ensure you?ve seen everything.

Shit.

No, literally, a pile of dog shit - today I changed my wheels to winter wheels, and while I rolled the summer wheels back to put them into the basement I rolled one of them through a pile of dog shit. Commenced frantic cleaning so the basement won't smell of dog shit...

It is snowing. Weeks ahead of schedule.

EDIT: My schedule at least.

Last edited:
8db51a9a9fbf56b9c914546c876ada22.jpg

Was met with this fuckery on the way back from Frankfurt on Sunday.

nbZQSU7.jpg

Good thing I knew it was coming and changed over to winter tyres before the trip.

6nkUkBA.jpg

LUGnjVz.jpg

The rule that, in writing, numbers below 10 (or is it ten and under?) get written out as the word, and numbers above it can be shown using numerical digits.

When I skim an article where numbers are important, I can only "see" the numbers higher than ten (10?) and I have to read the dang article to get the numbers below that qty.

The rule that, in writing, numbers below 10 (or is it ten and under?) get written out as the word, and numbers above it can be shown using numerical digits.

When I skim an article where numbers are important, I can only "see" the numbers higher than ten (10?) and I have to read the dang article to get the numbers below that qty.

I had never heard of that rule. TIL...

Ahh, English. :D sometimes, even native speakers don?t know all the rules.

The one that inspired the post was from an article I was reading about the NYC truck/bike lane killings.

I was trying to find out how many people were killed, and I had to re-read it a few times because at a glance, all I could see was the qty injured.

It was something like:

"The truck drove down the bike lane killing up to eight, with at least 12 sustaining serious injury."

Last edited:
That?s just lazy writing. I would think you choose one or the other. Not mix and match with whatever you can spell.

No, it's one of those rules that most writers adhere to. Some go "one through ninety-nine" and "100", but most seem to do "one through nine".