The "Things that annoy me" thread

Yeah, most likely was the case.

You mean his healthcare was factored into his salary. I can't help but feel like because markets and policies change so much every year, it's just easier to "sell" you the insurance that it would be to factor it into your compensation, and have it affect their P&L sheets differently every time there's a change, even if your wage hasn't.

That change was done in part because starting in at least the 1970s the IRS began to tax health plan benefits, claiming it was a form of pay or income. More insidiously, the employer was required to pay the tax, like a payroll tax. It is (or was) usually cheaper for all parties if the employee got a raise to theoretically cover the cost of the health coverage and then bought it themselves through the company.

Last edited:
Websites that have a live chat window, and make you enter your name, email and contact info before telling you that they will get back to you. If I wanted to wait for an email response, I just would have emailed.

When I manually fold in my side mirrors when I park, but then forget to pull them back out before I start driving.

In the US, it came out the next year... but by that year, they were all going to be made in Mexico, so i got the 2015, which was still mostly made in Japan for this engine size (some were filtering in from MX by then, already).

NecroJoe;n3422171 said:
Websites that have a live chat window, and make you enter your name, email and contact info before telling you that they will get back to you. If I wanted to wait for an email response, I just would have emailed.

Websites that require you to make an account there in order to see shipping costs. And of course making an account is the same as saying "yes I want your stupid throwaway piece of shit newsletter" apparently...

I love when this happens. The first email is from Amazon, letting me know that my bluray copy (yes, I still buy physical copies of stuff I really like) of Guardians of the Galaxy 2 was shipped, the following email is from Netflix, kindly letting me know that they added Guardians of the Galaxy 2 to my streaming service.

guards.jpg

I don?t know why I?m surprised anymore. I tried conversing with coworkers at our Christmas party last night and ended up having people turn and start talking to someone else in the middle of whatever I was saying. This happens too much to be normal. I don?t try to be attention whoring but, goodness, make it like you seem interested. You think I really care about your house hunting story? I would think these people would want to return the favor.

Wha ... what? :? I thought americans in general were polite - even in Germany such a behaviour is considered rude, and that's saying something...

That said, when the coworkers are that rude, I wouldn't last long in that company. I'm not a great socializer, but as I work quite closely with my coworkers I couldn't stand rude coworkers. Fortunately in my current company there isn't a single person like that and I don't know of any real conflict or the like between coworkers. :)

"Buttery spread"; not butter.

"Honey flavor dipping sauce"; not honey.

"grape flavored drink"; not grape juice.

"Chocolatey filling"; not chocolate.

CraigB;n3541842 said:
This one bugs me to no end. It's not like real honey is all that expensive. Especially when your neighbor makes it. :D

You should be nice to your neighbor! Due to the decreasing population of bees in the U.S., honey prices have been climbing steadily over the past few years. Last summer a small jar (16 oz./1 lb.) was over $7.00. By the fall, it had climbed well past that, with some sellers asking over $10.00.

SL

SquareLeft;n3541843 said:
You should be nice to your neighbor! Due to the decreasing population of bees in the U.S., honey prices have been climbing steadily over the past few years. Last summer a small jar (16 oz./1 lb.) was over $7.00. By the fall, it had climbed well past that, with some sellers asking over $10.00.

SL

He's been adding capacity over the years. The bees drink water from my cat's outdoor water bowl and I tend to let the clover hang around a bit longer than normal in the spring.

Wha ... what? :? I thought americans in general were polite - even in Germany such a behaviour is considered rude, and that's saying something...

That said, when the coworkers are that rude, I wouldn't last long in that company. I'm not a great socializer, but as I work quite closely with my coworkers I couldn't stand rude coworkers. Fortunately in my current company there isn't a single person like that and I don't know of any real conflict or the like between coworkers. :)

It happens at most events I go to so, I assume it?s normal. Shit, my brother and sister do it. Just tonight I was at a get together at my brothers and he did it three fucking times. Some others did it too but, I?m not counting. Most of my life I?ve experienced it and somehow I continue to hang out with people in an attempted to not seem like a weirdo but, now that I?ve got control of where and when I go places, I hang out less and less with people. Hell, my own brother blew me off recently to go to a model train store because somebody asked him to fix their car. Fuck that.

?Flareside, why don?t you go out??

Last edited:
SquareLeft;n3541843 said:

SL

Sounds like I should start keeping bees again.

Attachments

• photo4811.jpg
    photo4811.jpg
    166.6 KB · Views: 47
  • photo4812.jpg
    photo4812.jpg
    173.1 KB · Views: 38
Websites that let you select the features you want to narrow down your choices but don't alert you to the fact that one of the options presented doesn't have all the requested features.

Did a 60 mile round trip to pick up a new stereo receiver today - DAB, remote, Bluetooth connectivity and more for a great price - only to get it home, set it up and find out if doesn't support Phono input. Even more annoying is that I bought it from Richer Sounds, a company renowned for customer service and training their staff properly, but at no point when I emailed them asking to reserve stock or during the purchase process did anyone ask what I would be using it for specifically.

I'm sure it will get sorted out, but it's still bloody annoying.

When you post a question about a product on Amazon.com, and someone replies, "Sorry, I don't know. "

Cancer that can kil people in the 12 days between diagnosis and this morning...

This is just so far beyond fair it's maddening.....Seriously , go ahead and fuck right the hell off seven times from Sunday backwards....I'm so pissed I almost decked out some obliviot at the Goddamn supermarket an hour ago.

Last edited: