The "Things that annoy me" thread

Why?

MWF;n3550551 said:

For a reception area, and if we put two sofas back-to-back, it looks too bulky/busy. My main complaint is about the search result pages that shouldn't exist, though.

Last edited:
Something for his office firm I imagine.

I'm living in an apartment building with six apartments accessible through one stairwell. In the last 2-3 months the main door has been deliberately jammed open by the door mat which lays there more often than I can count so I always closed it when I went through it since there are baby strollers and bicycles in the stairwell and in the directly accessible basement. I get that you jam the door open when you want to go through it multiple times in short succession, but once or twice a week the door was still jammed open when I came home at 23:00h or later so it was extremely unlikely that someone wanted to go through there after that time.

Am I getting old for being annoyed by that? I mean, I'm not phased by the single mother living in one of the apartments who apparently doesn't have control over her children so they are obnoxiously loud every time they enter the stairwell, I don't care about a family which uses their spin-dryer late-ish at night, but this open door thing annoys me greatly...

:wheelchair:

Last edited:
Eye-Q;n3551458 said:
I'm living in an apartment building with six apartments accessible through one stairwell. In the last 2-3 months the main door has been deliberately jammed open by the door mat which lays there more often than I can count so I always closed it when I went through it since there are baby strollers and bicycles in the stairwell and in the directly accessible basement. I get that you jam the door open when you want to go through it multiple times in short succession, but once or twice a week the door was still jammed open when I came home at 23:00h or later so it was extremely unlikely that someone wanted to go through there after that time.

Am I getting old for being annoyed by that? I mean, I'm not phased by the single mother living in one of the apartments who apparently doesn't have control over her children so they are obnoxiously loud every time they enter the stairwell, I don't care about a family which uses their spin-dryer late-ish at night, but this open door thing annoys me greatly...

:wheelchair:

The gate to the building we live in is aproximately 5 meters away from my bedroom window, since we live on the second floor.
The very nice neighbour from upstairs likes to SLAM IT SHUT everyday at 7AM.
Even on the weekends.
I sent a polite general message asking for people not to slam the gate, and some people got offended because I once asked for the message group only be used for matters relative to the people living there instead of sending Whatsapp memes and stuff like that. Apparently I am a sad, grumpy old man.

Sidenote: Said gate-slamming neighbour is an oxygen waste of a scumbag, and yes I sometimes fantasize about putting his head on said gate and slamming in.
Many times.
Until his head cracks open like a ripe cantaloupe.

The "bonjour" always crack me up.

It sounds different in this clip, is it from a dubbed version

Fucking craigslist flakes.

1) "Is it still available?" To which I respond "yes, Would you like to come check it out?" in less than 30 seconds...and never hear from them again.

2) We made plans all week to meet at noon today. We sent photos to each other so we would recognize each other, they asked follow ups, I came down a little in my price, etc...we'd been in contact since monday. And...no-show. No response to texts or friendly voicemail. Ghosted. mother ffffff

Here's a new one. Pretending like you're initiating a Venmo payment, but then never submit it. Dude left without completing the transaction. I have him the benefit of the doubt, and gave him 3hrs. Then, I submitted a Venmo payment request, which he refused/declined within 10 seconds of me submitting it. Then I game him 10 minutes to follow up... but, radio silence.

However, the idiot used an email with his real name. So I just Googled it, and then sent another request... And this time in the description I included his full name, his place of employment, and his address. He accepted that payment request and paid me for the chair within less than 5 seconds of me hitting "submit".

Selling another piece of furniture on Craigslist. Most incoming emails from Craigslist end up in my spam folder.

So now I have to go into my spam folder, and check every email in my spam folder that mentions "one night stand". :wall:

Keep in mind I've used this email address since about 1996, and I've basically used it for every online form I've ever completed, outside of work and job hunting. You can probably imagine how much space I get every day.

Why did Samsung have to sell their printer business to HP, of all people/companies? I specifically excluded HP from my last printer purchase because I wanted to avoid their customer service clusterfuckery. :rolleyes:

The dealer I bought the GTO from managed to lose the cashier's check I paid for the car with... How do you do that?

calvinhobbes;n3551951 said:
Why did Samsung have to sell their printer business to HP, of all people/companies? I specifically excluded HP from my last printer purchase because I wanted to avoid their customer service clusterfuckery. :rolleyes:

Does that mean their printers aren’t fire hazards?

ScarFace88;n3553067 said:
The dealer I bought the GTO from managed to lose the cashier's check I paid for the car with... How do you do that?

Complete incompetence?

Congrats on the free car.

When people initiate a conversation about trying to coordinate a meeting, even or a phone call, by just asking, "What's your availability?" or "When are you available" without providing their own.

This is how it should go:
Person #1: "OK, let's set up a meeting then to go over the updates next week. When are you available? I'm open Monday afternoon, Tuesday morning, and then again in the afternoon between 2-4:30".
Person #2: "I can do Tuesday afternoon at 2. I'll send a meeting invite."
Person #1: "Thank you. I'll see you Tuesday, then."

Not:
Person #1: "OK, let's set up a meeting then to go over the updates next week. When are you available?"
Person #2: "Let's meet Monday morning. Does 9am work for you?"
Person #1: "No, actually, I can't do Monday morning. I have a mandatory corporate training thing all morning. Wanna discuss over lunch?"
Person #2: "Sorry, I'm booked for lunch, and then I will be on the road in the afternoon for a few sales calls. I'm wide open on Wednesday, though."
Person #1: "I was actually hoping to get our updates over to the contractor by EOD on Tuesday so they can get started on Wednesday... How about..."
Etc, etc, etc....

The amount of times that people give me the wrong measurements because they say "18 inches" when they mean 1'8"

When people initiate a conversation about trying to coordinate a meeting, event or a phone call, by just asking, "What's your availability?" or "When are you available" without providing their own.

This is how it should go:
Person #1: "OK, let's set up a meeting then to go over the updates next week. When are you available? I'm open Monday afternoon, Tuesday morning, and then again in the afternoon between 2-4:30".
Person #2: "I can do Tuesday afternoon at 2. I'll send a meeting invite."
Person #1: "Thank you. I'll see you Tuesday, then."

Metaphor: Someone lobs you a slow pitch, right over the plate. Easy home run.

Not:
Person #1: "OK, let's set up a meeting then to go over the updates next week. When are you available?"
Person #2: "Let's meet Monday morning. Does 9am work for you?"
Person #1: "No, actually, I can't do Monday morning. I have a mandatory corporate training thing all morning. Wanna discuss over lunch?"
Person #2: "Sorry, I'm booked for lunch, and then I will be on the road in the afternoon for a few sales calls. I'm wide open on Wednesday, though."
Person #1: "I was actually hoping to get our updates over to the contractor by EOD on Tuesday so they can get started on Wednesday... How about..."
Etc, etc, etc....

Metaphor: Someone lobs you pitches, but they are not necessarily over the plate, and you're blindfolded but still expected to swing and hit the ball.

Last edited:
I've had my current bicycle for almost 1 1/2 years now, and until 2 weeks ago I had one puncture in total over the span of about 4500 km. 2 weeks ago I bought new tires, mounted them and until now I've had five punctures in about 200 km, once even both tires on the same ride. :mad: According to the website of the tire maker both my old and my new tires provide the same amount of protection against punctures, but clearly they don't since I ride the same routes as before. I ordered another set of new tires with more protection a week ago, but since I ordered something else with them which apparently isn't available until tomorrow the whole shipment has been delayed to be shipped in one package. :mad:

Last edited: