The "Things that annoy me" thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SquareLeft View Post
    Shopping carts left in parking spaces....
    That's why most supermarkets here have shopping carts that require a €1 deposit.

Comment

Originally posted by GRtak View Post
      Talking with some people online tonight and the story about the woman fighting off and killing a bobcat comes up. One of the guys says, wasn't she like really old or something? Another says, yeah, she was a grandmother. I pull up the story and she is a few years younger than me. Then I hear, "Damn, I forget that you are so old".
      Well, to be fair, today being a grandmother doesn't mean you have to be old - if you give birth to a child at age 18 and that child gives birth at age 18 as well you can be grandmother by the age of 36, and that's without underage pregnancy...
      Why E10? I'm driving E46...

Comment

And in my reality/filter bubble, parenthood comes around at 30 to 35...

Comment

I can't say I always knew it, but once I learned that the higher the number you put after "DEFCON" the less serious it is, it bothers me to an unreasonable level when people say "DEFCON Five!" or "DEFCON 1000!" to make something sound more serious.
          There is no such thing as a stupid question.* *but there are a lot of inquisitive idiots.

Comment

There's an entrance to a building that I have to walk through about once per month. For the last 2.5 years, I completely forget that these exterior entrance doors are "push" doors (the opposite of what it mandated by building code, so it's highly HIGHLY unusual)...and I pull on them, even as I'm looking directly at the "push" sign on the door frame.
            There is no such thing as a stupid question.* *but there are a lot of inquisitive idiots.

Comment

Comment

The apostrophe

Comment

Maybe it's the loo's door?

Comment

One of the neighbouring families in the house I grew up in has the name "Loos". Thank you for making it funny 30 years later.

Comment

Between the addition of unnecessary apostrophes and the misuse of words ending in 'ly', there are times I just want to bang my head on the keyboard - or the nearest brick wall!

Comment

Originally posted by DanRoM View Post
                        And in my reality/filter bubble, parenthood comes around at 30 to 35...
                        Even with that my mom became a grandma at 50, which considering life expectancy for women is easily into 80s is not really all that old
                        ScarFace88 - "So you're a dildo?"

Comment

Too short of time to be with friends.
                          1993 Ford F-150 Flareside - July 2010 - August 2013
                          2004 Ford Mustang - September 2013 - February 2018
                          1987 Mercury Colony Park GS - August 2015 - Present
                          2003 EZGO TXT - March 2015 - Present (it's road legal!)
                          2018 Volkswagen Golf GTI 6-Speed (February 2018 - Present)

Comment

The price of the Note 8 and Note 9 phones. I've got a Note 5 on it's last legs, and I legitimately actually really do use the stylus. I've worn out 4 on this phone, so it is actually useful to me.

But holy shit, are these phones expensive.

Comment

My legs feel as though they weigh a ton and a half. Perhaps the many miles that I've walked over the past few days and the stairs at the Great Wall of China have something to do with it... but still, I've been walking lots almost every day for months and it shouldn't have had this much of an effect.

Comment

Working...
                              X