The "Things that annoy me" thread

I always seem to get my stuff on time from them. I also have prime. I think they are playing favorites.

I always seem to get my stuff on time from them. I also have prime. I think they are playing favorites.

I've had prime for at least 2 years. With same, or next-day delivery, there are often still restrictions.

I seem to be more relaxed about deliveries. I usually pick whatever delivery is free and have it shipped to my parents in Germany (because Amazon doesn't deliver too many products to Switzerland). And whenever I visit my parents have usually forgotten about the stuff I ordered and then it's almost like Christmas because I get to unwrap lots of surprises.

For me, amazon is usually flawless with sending things out. Then again, I also have prime. Who does screw up from time to time is DHL... a few weeks ago they managed to deliver three packages at once (because amazon wanted to send three individual ones instead of one bigger one) to the packstation (basically a wall of lockers you can have your packages delivered to) without notifying me (in tracking the packages were stuck "in delivery"). I only got the notifications a week later together with the info that in two days time my packages would be sent back. I couldn't even have collected them if I had known or suspected they were there, since they send a PIN with the notification SMS to unlock the thing...

I have 2 ways of ordering things, really does not matter where I order from, who delivers, or what it is:

1: stuff that is non essential, things I like to have but no rush, easy : this arrives whithout 24 hours of ordering, perfect, all the time, every time.

2: Stuff that is urgent, I am either really looking forward to having asap, or just plain need : this arrives after 3 weeks to 3 months, soaking wet, on fire, broken, or not at all.

The only exception to this is the Belgian postal services, using them assures things crap up, all the time, every time, whatever you order, from whoever, IF your item arrives, it's gonna be broken (this just means it wasen't worth stealing by any of their double digit IQ employees) but most of the time things just don't arrive.
You will find a 'nobody was home' card in the postbox, (or somewhere near it thrown in the bushes), despite beeing home all day, at which point you need to report to the post office, 30km's from home because they closed down all the local ones, wait in line for 2 hours, and when you get to the grim faced employee behind the glass who refuses to even look up and look you in the eye, she will claim to have no record of your package, ever, on the planet, nobody ever sends anything to anybody, go fuck yourself....because responding anything else would mean them having to get up from their chair and I dunno, check, so they just give you a form to fill out to get the package refunded, so you fill that out, hand it to them (after standing in line for 2 hours AGAIN) and that's the last you will ever hear of that....

I feel we should have a 'Cowboys views on everything' thread.

Last edited:
I think this forum would be closed down by the Feds if that happened.

Idiot neighbors tarred their poorly-thrown together addition to their garage (the roof is bare plywood with tarps stapled on it). OK, fine, so it stinks right outside the door to the house, but then I went outside they they somehow splashed little splotches of roof sealant on the side of the house, the front door, and the slate tiles on the stoop and sidewalk. Our houses are only about 5' apart, but fucking c'mon...

I'm pretty damn lenient guy especially with things that technically benefit us and they offer to do for free...but recently they re-built the fence between our properties. They asked us to buy the materials and they did all the labor. Well, they did a really shitty job. The fenceposts are all at different levels sticking up above the fence, and they used OSB as a mold for the concrete footing they put in to prevent animals from digging under it, but they left the OSB on it when they went to attach the fence planks...so not their un-treated, non-weather-resistant wood built into the fence.

If you want a job done right, you usually have to do it yourself. Especially if you have reasonably high standards. And even more so when you know the other party is just half-assing it ("eh, that'll do").

If there is a job to do between shared properties then don't do anything unless both sides are prepared to pay a properly vetted and insured professional.

Re-treadable truck tires. Why do they exist? They seem to litter highways more than serve their purpose of being a tire. I was driving through a construction zone today and managed to have a chunk of tire kick up from being run over by the pickup truck in front of me and hit my car causing the passenger wiper blade to explode.

retread truck tires should be outlawed.

Blame Bill Clinton. It was a part of a larger executive action to reduce petroleum products use by mandating certain federal vehicles to use retreaded tires.

Good quality retreads don't do tread separations like that any more, though poor quality ones still do. NAFTA means that we're getting a lot of Mexican trucks that all seem to be using crap quality retreads, exacerbating the problem. On top of that, low quality Chinese truck tires have made inroads into the market and those tires *do* have tread separation issues even today.

I don't think its entirely a Mexican truck problem. Do you think this place does quality retreads?

k6iN3Vx.png

And yes, I know you're not supposed to judge a book by its cover, but something tells me some of the treads I see all over our roads come from places like this.

A fair amount of trucks around the WI, IL, IN, and MI areas are Canadian. I see lots of Ontario, Manitoba, BC, and some Quebec. Mostly Manitoba and Ontario.

I don't think its entirely a Mexican truck problem. Do you think this place does quality retreads?

k6iN3Vx.png

And yes, I know you're not supposed to judge a book by its cover, but something tells me some of the treads I see all over our roads come from places like this.

Um, they're not big enough to do retreads in house. Need a lot more equipment to make a retread tire. They probably *resell* crap retreads, though. And no, I didn't say it was entirely a Mexican truck problem - there's no shortage of cheapass American fleet managers that won't spring for good retreads even if they know better. Just pointing out reasons why the problem has been getting far worse over the years.

Ordered something from a NY based company online. It was shipped from their Hong Kong facility via Fedex International Overnight Priority. Got it about 2 weeks ago, but today I got a customs bill from FedEx. Its not my problem that the item I wanted was out of Hong Kong, and their website didn't say that this particular item is coming from an international location, so now I'm going to have to try to argue with them because I'm not paying this bullshit.

Wasn't this the same shipment that FedEx messed up on the delivery because they couldn't follow simple instructions?

Yup.

People who double park, blocking a lane, right next to (and blocking) an open parking space.