Project 903 Lun - possibly the coolest thing you'll see today. - NO 56K

What about sticking a Pontiac badge on it and entering it in the 24hrs of Lemons?

Hey, Quiky, got space for it in your garage?

"No, no dear, that 13 million was for the turbines... yes it needed it..."

Count me in! we got transportation, workspace, storage......we need tools!

Anyone know what toolsize systhem they use in Russia?

planes use imperial, but you never know in Sovet Russia

planes use imperial, but you never know in Sovet Russia

Imperial? as in British? :think:

Aratoga and Spectre should have those laying around , lets see what else do we need :think:, ....... funding!

I know this banker from Greece who used to work in Iceland....... :p

Imperial as in inches, if you are talking about bolts and nuts

All airplanes are imperial? Really? Amazing.

Only problem is this is technically a boat. :p

from what i've gathered, all cars use metric and all planes use imperial, there are exceptions, but i care not for them

Thats so awesome. Those crazy and their crazy get rich quick schemes (family guy)

It is a wonderful thing on an empty lake, but I can't imagine going several hundred miles an hour just a few feet above water while merchantmen, fishermen and other military craft are about on open water is such a good idea.

All airplanes are imperial? Really? Amazing.

One of the perks of being the country which invented the airplane, our measuring system or GTFO! :p

Speaking of all airplanes being the same, has anyone ever stopped to think why you always get on/off an airliner on the left side?

One of the perks of being the country which invented the airplane, our measuring system or GTFO! :p

Speaking of all airplanes being the same, has anyone ever stopped to think why you always get on/off an airliner on the left side?

I used the google for a bit and found this.

It is true that long, long ago, pre-war, certain airlines (eg American) had right hand doors on their early DC-3s. It was a customer option. But left hand is the norm for the following reason.

Before jetways, prop planes would swing round clockwise in front of the terminal, stopping with their left side parallel with it, and then carry on swinging round as they departed. The captain always sits on the left so this is done this way round so they can judge their wingtip clearances correctly. Believe me, even in a Cessna it's easier to judge the left than the right in a tight spot. Even nowadays some aircraft like the 737 only have one ground steering tiller, on the left of the flight deck, so the captain has to do all the taxiing even if the first officer is flying the sector.

Why does the captain sit on the left ? Because the engine control runs are normally up the centre of the aircraft for mechanical reasons, and as most people are right-handed they prefer to sit on the left of the controls. In the old days such controls were really stiff, you needed your stronger hand.

No the Russians use metric. I remember a story about how they reverse engineered the B-29 and they couldn't make an EXACT copy like Stalin wanted due to them only having metric gauges of steel available to them so the aircraft had thicker skin than the original and was slower.