The WTF Japan thread

weirdness overload

I spent 2 weeks in Yokohama earier this year and the mall I had to walk through to get to my holtel played Jap-pop and a couple times I caught very bad version of "Danger Zone", "Smells Like Teen Spirit" and what I suspect was "Like a Virgin".

I spent 2 weeks in Yokohama earier this year and the mall I had to walk through to get to my holtel played Jap-pop and a couple times I caught very bad version of "Danger Zone", "Smells Like Teen Spirit" and what I suspect was "Like a Virgin".

might have been the karaoke

Ever heard of Boso Zoku Style??
bosozoku.jpg

bosozoku-exhaust-of-the-week-jccs-cressida-inspiration_preview.jpg

deep-dish-ssr-mk1-12J-pic2.jpg

bosozoku-exhaust-of-the-week-fet-sports-mark-ii-gx71-pic1.preview.jpg

Last edited:

weirdness overload

i would also say that not all Japanese Pop is all that bad, several anime shows i watch have had great songs on their intros and i've heard far worse come out of X-Factor shows. They could look at Lady Gaga and just as easily say "weirdness overload" in japanese.
my favorite anime show One Piece has often had great songs
[video=youtube;0PLMc-EEZlA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0PLMc-EEZlA[/video]
Bleach
Fairy Tail

Last edited:
might have been the karaoke

Right, damn, surprised nobody has brought karaoke up sooner......if there is one reason in this thread to NOT visit Japan that would be it :p

Right, damn, surprised nobody has brought karaoke up sooner......if there is one reason in this thread to NOT visit Japan that would be it :p

Especially when I'm on stage trying to sing I Will Survive. That was a bad idea.

please tell me you weren't dressed like in your....compromising photo..

weirdness overload

Someone should go back in time, play this video to whoever wanted to create a modern Japan and ask them to think twice -- for the sake of humanity.

i would also say that not all Japanese Pop is all that bad, several anime shows i watch have had great songs on their intros and i've heard far worse come out of X-Factor shows. They could look at Lady Gaga and just as easily say "weirdness overload" in japanese.
my favorite anime show One Piece has often had great songs
[video=youtube;0PLMc-EEZlA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0PLMc-EEZlA[/video]
Bleach
Fairy Tail

Don't take it too hard but seriously... I'd prefer even David Hasselhoff over that.

Last edited:
Do you really believe there wouldn't be decent electronics, if the Japanese weren't there? Lots of decent electronics disappeared, because the Japanese are there.