Obituaries Notable people that have passed

Reminds me of when TopGear tested the Carrera GT. Even the Stig kept spinning it when he was trying to set the laptime.

Either something went catastrophically wrong, or they were going pretty damn fast and there was no time to react. If that's the case, you can't help thinking that they should have known better.

If you look at the area on google maps you see that it is some sort of wide street industrial/business park, good road, little traffic in those areas... Just prior to the crash location is a long bend, I can easily see someone spinning out there if you are going over 120km/h

http://goo.gl/maps/7dzBv (the car took out that pole to the left)

What a shame that he did passed away too soon, what a sad day. R.I.P :(

I can't help but think there was something or someone in the road or there was a mechanical failure or something happened with the driver. There are no skidmarks that I can see, indicating no loss of control.

SPEED WAS THE CAUSE! ALL SPEED KILLS!

SPEED SPEED SPEED!

I can't help but think there was something or someone in the road or there was a mechanical failure or something happened with the driver. There are no skidmarks that I can see, indicating no loss of control.

Weather? Or maybe just an oily spot...who knows? Either way...RIP dude.

Damn, what a shame. Usually when I check this thread it's a grand old actor or some other important/influential figure passing after a good long life. When it's someone young, it's usually some hollywood dipshit overdosing on drugs or something. Paul Walker was pretty much in the prime of his life and seemed like a really good guy. Sad day.

I was thinking of that feeling of knowing that you're going to die because some other dumbass felt like showboating. Ugh. I like to make my own mistakes.

In that case don't ever get in a car being driven by Adrian.

No, really, don't.

I just hope they find a way to give his character a good send-off in the next movie, sad as it will be.

*sigh*

Sad day indeed. :(

Horrible news. :(

Can't even imagine how difficult this is for his family (especially his 15 year old daughter) and friends.

Last edited:
according to some shady source (TMZ) they found trails of hydraulics a few meters before the skidmarks started
looks like something in the steeringsystem broke, the fire also apparently started on the front of the car...

is it just me, or per crash, isn't the carrera GT responsible for more death than any other supercar?
not saying they crash more, but if they crash, they seem to kill everyone inside...

Last edited:
is it just me, or per crash, isn't the carrera GT responsible for more death than any other supercar?

Pretty sure the early model 911 Turbo still holds this dubious accolade.

I think in this case the result would have been the same in any supercar.

Last edited:
according to some shady source (TMZ) they found trails of hydraulics a few meters before the skidmarks started
looks like something in the steeringsystem broke, the fire also apparently started on the front of the car...

we all know what caused it ...

image_3.jpeg

spoilered for the faint hearted ...

Last edited:
Wide rear tires coated in hydraulic fluid + limited/changed steering + 600hp + notoriously tricky chassis + uphill sweeper + speed

= Crash + Fire + Death

According to this thread as many as 200 CGT's have been wrecked/totaled, and that thread is from 2009. 200 out of 1200. That's a fairly high proportion.

Last edited: