Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ah shit

<Ice> Oh, you're the kiddy anime guy.
    "The problems of the world cannot possibly be solved by skeptics or cynics whose horizons are limited by the obvious realities. We need men who can dream of things that never were."
    John F. Kennedy

Comment

Where are we going and why are we in a handbasket?

Comment

Huh..popular fashion designer Kate Spade. Suicide at 55.

I've always irrationally hated her because the music store I worked at was priced out of the mall with rent that got tripled, we went out of business, and a Kate Spade store moved in right after. Like I said...an irrational hate.
        Last edited by NecroJoe; June 5th, 2018, 7:15 PM.
        There is no such thing as a stupid question.* *but there are a lot of inquisitive idiots.

Comment

Anthony Bourdain.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-p...-idUSKCN1J41JA
          Do you realise that right this second - right now; somewhere around the world, some guy is getting ready to kill himself. Isn't that great?
          - George Carlin

Comment

Shocked. Loved his show.

Sad that it was his friend Eric that found him.
            https://edition.cnn.com/2018/06/08/u...bit/index.html
            Last edited by jack_christie; June 8th, 2018, 2:09 PM.
            Team Black Jack

So, that's all good.

Comment

This thread will be extend a bit to include notable beings.

Koko fascinated and elated millions of people with her facility for language and ability to interact with humans. She also gave people a glimpse of her emotions.
              "I don't care who does the electing, so long as I get to do the nominating" -Boss Tweed

We’ve gone from 'Hope and Change' to 'Hope and Change Your Story.' -Bill Maher

Comment

ok...if we're featuring apes now...

https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...australian-zoo

Comment

Originally posted by bone View Post
                  ok...if we're featuring apes now...
                  We always have.

Humans are apes.
                  Last edited by stiggie; June 22nd, 2018, 8:00 AM.

Comment

Pantera drummer Vinnie Paul dead at 54:

https://edition.cnn.com/videos/cnnmo...ad-orig-gs.cnn

Comment

Originally posted by GRtak View Post
                      This thread will be extend a bit to include notable beings.

I remember learning about her in elementary school. Sad to see the end of a wonderful era.
                      1993 Ford F-150 Flareside - July 2010 - August 2013
                      2004 Ford Mustang - September 2013 - February 2018
                      1987 Mercury Colony Park GS - August 2015 - Present
                      2003 EZGO TXT - March 2015 - Present (it's road legal!)
                      2018 Volkswagen Golf GTI 6-Speed (February 2018 - Present)

Comment

I had no idea who this guy was until I read this tonight. He did write one of my favorite movies though(A Boy and His Dog).

Our critic Jason Sheehan says he's a little surprised that the legendary sci-fi writer passed away peacefully at home. It should have been an attack by alien space bears, or an argument with gravity.
                        "I don't care who does the electing, so long as I get to do the nominating" -Boss Tweed

Comment

Comment

already posted in the random thoughts of the F1 section, but should go here as well:

Sergio Marchionne died
                            https://www.racefans.net/2018/07/25/...wn-at-ferrari/

Comment

Yeah, that sucks.
                              1993 Ford F-150 Flareside - July 2010 - August 2013
                              2004 Ford Mustang - September 2013 - February 2018
                              1987 Mercury Colony Park GS - August 2015 - Present
                              2003 EZGO TXT - March 2015 - Present (it's road legal!)
                              2018 Volkswagen Golf GTI 6-Speed (February 2018 - Present)

Comment

The lady most of us knew best as Mrs. Garret has passed on.
                                The Emmy- and Tony-nominated actor was most famous for her sitcom roles, which also included Diff'rent Strokes and Car 54, Where Are You? Rae was diagnosed with bone cancer last year.

Comment

Aretha Franklin

Kofi Annan
                                  https://www.cnn.com/2018/08/18/afric...ntl/index.html
                                  There is no such thing as a stupid question.* *but there are a lot of inquisitive idiots.

Comment

Love him or hate him, it was nearly impossible not to respect him.
                                    John McCain, War Hero, Senator, Presidential Contender, Dies at 81

Comment

Originally posted by GRtak View Post
                                      Love him or hate him, it was nearly impossible not to respect him.
                                      Is it OK to respect and neither love nor hate him?

Comment

I would think so.

Comment

Originally posted by calvinhobbes View Post
                                          Is it OK to respect and neither love nor hate him?
                                          Why E10? I'm driving E46...

Comment

Working...
                                          X