The "What the Bloody Fuckintosh?" Thread

Peru moves to sue Greenpeace over Nazca banner

Peru says it will sue activists from the environmental pressure group Greenpeace after they placed a banner next to the Nazca Lines heritage site.

The activists entered a restricted area next to the ancient ground markings depicting a hummingbird and laid down letters advocating renewable energy.
Guys... I know you're campaigners and publicity against some very shady people, companies and practices is your thing. That's fair and necessary. But you cannot enter a site that is known for highly delicate ancient cultural icons and put your banners right next to it! :wall:

Jamais deux sans trois?

Yeah. Me, you and Adrian should sue.

And this is why I will be voting Green unless Senator Warren runs.

I'm voting libertarian even though I'm really not. I can't stand the idea of another Bush or Clinton running again.

I lean libertarian on an individual level, but they really want to be ultra republicans and end almost all regulations on businesses. I am not ready to undo the environmental protections that have been worked so hard to get in place.

If America votes for him, America deserves him.

Now get off my lawn!

isn't that carefully cultivated atmosphere of terror (nicely put btw) still/again going strong at the moment? question is, to what end...

I would say it's slightly different now. Edward Snowden and the more recent torture revelations are likely to have somewhat undermined the power of velvet fascism that prevailed post 9/11 and I don't think another Bush would do the GOP any favours in terms of winning an election. And with Hillary the favourite to secure the Democratic nomination in many observers' eyes that would make it an even steeper hill to climb.

Anyway let's leave that for the politics section before we get too in depth here.

Can we have this discussion continued in the political subforum. I rarely venture for a reason, and I'd appreciate if that didn't flow out of there.