FG Fitness Challenge

why get a candy bar and a coke on a 3 mile walk? feel like you need the energy? guess what, you don't! :p
but maybe don't go right after dinner, wait for 30-60 minutes or something...

i think the candy bar and soda were the mistake try water and fresh fruit... oh my god iv become of of those

< Oh noes ITS HAPPENING my avatar has changed to reflect that I exercise outdoors my body damp with sweat amongst idyllic and interesting vistas.

Got myself a shelf from Ikea yesterday, roughly a 1km walk one way. Quite a warm day, wearing shorts and a t-shirt. Holy hell I was sweating when I got back with the shelf, which weighed 20kg and was rather awkwardly shaped.

Fitbit recorded 11 minutes of cardio with 1 minute of peak and nearly 1 hour of fat burning :D

Also, went on the scale today: first time in YEARS I've weighed less than 120kg. Woot! Well, 119, but still, it's under 120 :razz:

wohoo, all new records for 10mi and 20km (other distances endomondo somehow simply doesn't care about =( )... but i missed 20km in 40min by 24 sec, so i have a goal right there for my next ride :)

So I was on the treadmill trudging along and thinking "I really don't know what the hell i'm doing". I signed up for a personal trainer. Then the question... "what are your goals?" I'm good at coming up with stuff said add some inches to my arms which I guess is a goal. I hate that my goal is bigger, tighter, better, nebulous but not real. I don't even know where to look for research to find what success numbers should look like. Anyone have any suggestions?

So I was on the treadmill trudging along and thinking "I really don't know what the hell i'm doing". I signed up for a personal trainer. Then the question... "what are your goals?" I'm good at coming up with stuff said add some inches to my arms which I guess is a goal. I hate that my goal is bigger, tighter, better, nebulous but not real. I don't even know where to look for research to find what success numbers should look like. Anyone have any suggestions?

There's stuff like reddit's Progress Pics.

Honestly the things you gave are likely just fine. Do you have a goal weight that you want to reach? Any particular problem areas that you just cant seem to get results at? A exercise you've wanted to try but didn't know how?

All those are good things to mention.

Thought I'd give an update... on second thought I'm heading to the gym i'll do an update later

Last edited:
I don't know what's happening to me, but I'm l o s i n g w e i g h t in America. I'm pretty sure this contradicts all rules of nature.

Actually, now that you've mentioned it, I have already been in that situation once on this trip. :D

I would say relatively good results. I've gained about a half an inch in my arms. Weight loss, which had previously stalled out, is around 7lbs lost since beginning personal training. I actually believe that fat loss could be more because of that gained muscle. I definitely can lift alot more than the first day although remarkably less than I would have guess I would be able to. I know some younger guys have had a chuckle but meh everyone starts somewhere.

I don't know what's happening to me, but I'm l o s i n g w e i g h t in America. I'm pretty sure this contradicts all rules of nature.

Must be the Poutine :think:

It's all in what you eat. I'm guessing you haven't been hitting up McDonald's twice a day :p

I haven't, no, but nevertheless, the poutine has been about the only thing that hasn't given me the pootine. :lol:

My girlfriend's brother got her a Fitbit for her birthday. The competitive spirit in me wants to top the leaderboards so now I got myself one. Anyone on here also have one?

^Check the previous page :p

In the meantime, it feels great to be lifting again. As far as meals are concerned, I don't log anything but I am making an effort to eat clean and cut back on beer.

This has been my life:
-I graduated from high school at 135lbs soaking wet.
-In college I gained the freshman 15 but also worked out a decent amount in the later years of undergrad. Graduated at about 160lbs and in decent shape.
-First year after graduation I was in my best shape ever and topped out at 170lbs.
-Since then I've been crazy busy (and somewhat lazy) and have barely worked out at all. I'm currently sitting at 185lbs and I'm only in shape if you remember a circle to be a shape.
-The good news is that I've been holding steady at that weight over the past month that I've been working out again and I can see some positive signs already, which, I assume, means that I'm replacing fat with muscle.

One of us, one of us. Gooba-gobble, gooba-gobble