Black Friday

Black Friday

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

argatoga

Can't Start His Wank
Car(s)
'08 Pontiac Solstice GXP
Am I the only one who finds Black Friday to be a bogative 'holiday'? Shoppers queue up for miles in the middle of the night to save what, $5 on a toaster.

Does anyone here venture out into the maelstrom of shoppers and risk being trampled to death?

I'm not the kind of person to go around chasing down deals so I voted indifferent. However I agree it's not worth the chaos in general. If I have to do some store shopping I'll do it some random day between then and christmas when not many people are on the go.

Black Friday?

o1uid.jpg

Actually, Kohls took the meme that is Rebecca Black and ran:

:|

The big theme this year is midnight. Nearly every mass market chain is opening at midnight for Black Friday. Having worked Black Friday in the past, I feel pity for my fellow retail brethren.

I always wanted to go to a Black Friday sale but never seemed to have enough money to spend on random shit. The same hold's true this year, unless there's epic savings on the iPad or some Android tablet, as my dad want's one.

EDIT: I'd hate to be the bastard that got that Polaroid tablet the main lady in the ad picked up...talk about jipped.

Last edited:
Edited the poll.. previous wording was not appropriate.

meh, for some people living paycheck to paycheck that 5 dollar savings is a big deal, but personally I don't get caught up in that OMG CAUSE A STAMPEDE FOR A KIRBY crap.

That being said I always head to the mall on black friday to people watch there I always see at least 2-3 people being arrested for retail theft or battery its like people lose their morals when there are things on sale.

Last edited:
I'm pretty much indifferent. In the past I've never had the money to spend, this year I actually have to work on Black Friday. Last year I contemplated going shopping on Black Friday but only because some friends were making plans to go, but it never happened.

I'm just thankful that my workplace isn't doing the whole opening at midnight thing. We're only opening a couple hours early at 6 instead of 8, and we're only opening our doors at 6 for people who're part of our paid membership. Everyone else gets in at 7.

meh, for some people living paycheck to paycheck that 5 dollar savings is a big deal, but personally I don't get caught up in that OMG CAUSE A STAMPEDE FOR A KIRBY crap.

Living paycheck from paycheck without secured food supply you should probably consider not going on a shopping spree at all, 5 dollar savings or not.

I'm wondering it that $5 they save will be eaten by their car instead of their family while they sit in traffic.

I usually avoid it like the plague however since I have to work Friday evening I might show up at Lowes on my way to work and see if they have anything that sparks my interest since I'll be going to one at a small town after noon, so it shouldn't be too busy.

I'll keep an eye out for internet deals, but I'm sure as hell not going to the mobscene that will become the local malls.

Actually, Kohls took the meme that is Rebecca Black and ran:

:|

The big theme this year is midnight. Nearly every mass market chain is opening at midnight for Black Friday. Having worked Black Friday in the past, I feel pity for my fellow retail brethren.

I always wanted to go to a Black Friday sale but never seemed to have enough money to spend on random shit. The same hold's true this year, unless there's epic savings on the iPad or some Android tablet, as my dad want's one.

EDIT: I'd hate to be the bastard that got that Polaroid tablet the main lady in the ad picked up...talk about jipped.
That stupid, god damn, fucking thing needs to die a long and painful death.

pointless unrestrained consumerism.

the only reason they do it at midnight instead of during the day is that it becomes an "event" and therefore snowballs with the media reporting on the "event" which brings in even more people who want to be part of the "event".

I don't get it. Why freeze your ass off for something you can get online much cheaper?

I only did it once because my dad wanted a tv one year. Needless to say best buy didn't have it. By 2AM I couldn't feel my legs.

Never participated in Black Friday...ever. And this year, even though I have a job and financial solvency, I won't be joining in either. I just don't need to buy anything for myself, and I don't particularly need or want anything for Christmas. :dunno:

I've only ever been to one black Friday sale, and I was dragged out to that. But I got a free football handegg jersey out of it, so I didn't complain too much.

Living paycheck from paycheck without secured food supply you should probably consider not going on a shopping spree at all, 5 dollar savings or not.
Yeah that is true but a lot of the big box retailers have lay away with 0% interest so they can get the items at the discounted rate and have them by x-mas for their kids.