Summary of your 2011 year

maxtortheone

Chicken Fiddler
Car(s)
2006 Renault Clio 1.4 16V
Wow man, 2010 2011 is almost over. Where the hell did it go? o_O

So let's hear how your 2010 2011 went! Was it full of accomplishments, was it full of sadness. Wassup? And what are you looking forward to doing/seeing/sexing in 2011 2012?

About the time to think of the past year.And am in no way inspiring myself from LP.

Its certainly been interesting, that's for sure...

It was shit (includes a bit of last year).

Health - Dad Dies - OK he was 93, Heart Problems, Back Problems, Skin Problems, Expensive Dentist Visit, Relationship Problems with Daughter, Daughter (same one) prangs car I have to pay for plus bloke who's car she hit, Job Problems - on the edge of the push no work, Pension Value problems. ...

On the plus side paying off mortgage faster than expected and dad's small inheritence helps pay for two new pre owned Hondas - Jazz and Accord Estate Diesel plus floorboarded the loft, fixed the garage roof, planning next trip to Euro Disney in January - Cobol74 knows how to live the high life.

The majority of it was awesome, the summer especially. My drive round Europe, the Ringmeet, working at Reading Festival (also, Muse!), and visiting the Tatra Mountains in Slovakia and Poland. Certainly the busiest and I would say the most fun summer I've ever had :)

One of the most epic highlights is the realisation of a dream to own my own car; HMS Saab from 23rd April to 1st October. 23 weeks exactly of joy. Alas I had to sell it, but want to buy another car next year maybe.

As for the rest of the year; before the summer was the second two terms of my fresher year, which was mildly disappointing, and after the summer has seen the start of my second year, which has been very disappointing. There is working hard, and a distinct lack of partying hard.

In October I also started on medication that actually works to remove the acne I've had most of my life, but the downside of this is its made me down again, along with stress from uni, no fun, the fact its winter etc etc etc.

I'm sure I probably said it last year, but lets hope next year is more fun. But going by past experiences; it won't be. At least everyone else seems to be enjoying themselves.

First six months - brilliant. Last six months - bloody dire. I'd like to say I'm looking forward to 2012, but with the surgery I've got in store I can honestly say I'm dreading it. However I'm doing my best not to turn into a whining bore, so I will say that I'm looking forward to turning 40 in March. I'm going to look upon that as my 'New Year, new start' date :D

Got a raise - awesome
Lost 50 pounds - awesome
Mom diagnosed with breast cancer - not awesome
Visited England - awesome
Drove in England - awesome
Became an uncle (technically December 2010) - awesome

So all in all pretty awesome, aside from the cancer thing.

Most importantly: not over yet. But I don't expect anything special to happen in the next weeks.

• Jobwise a fairly good year, proved myself useful to the company. Downside: Not good enough of a raise.
  • Got my Class A driving licence and a motorcycle to use it. Even better: I didn't crash yet.
  • Had a shock early in the year when my mother got serious health problems (initial, but luckily wrong diagnosis: stroke).
  • Unfortunately, no real holiday, just a bunch of short trips. But those were awesome - especially the really big Ringmeet. :)
  • Had to give up archery because there just isn't any hope of me getting good at it with the amount of time and money I am willing to spend on it.
  • Worst thing: Lost touch to a fairly large amount of friends. :(

Started off this year recovering from a period of depression.
Had ups and downs, but eventually got my shit together and got some good grades. Big confidence boost from that.
Momentarily lost it again.
Started actually doing stuff this year. I'm a bit more of a normal person now.
A lot of other personal stuff happened as well.
So yeah, learned a lot from this year, as with every year.

It was less crappy than last year, definitely.

Last edited:
This year had ups and downs.

Mostly downs.

I hope next year is better.

Short synopsis: "meh"

Spent 5 weeks resting with a busted ankle. Got a promotion only to lose it 5 weeks later because the projects I was to work on all got postponed, some indefinitely. My aunt's partner got diagnosed with cancer, beat it, only to have it return with a vengeance less than 2 months later, he is now terminal. Next-door neighbour died on his way back from a vacation in a horrible way.

On the upside, I'm still mostly healthy, ankle is getting slowly better, my girls are absolutely awesome, found a new direction to take my career in and liking it so far, helped organise a great ringmeet, made a couple new friends, and strengthened the bonds with most of my friends.

2011 was/is the year I had to live/cope with the changes to my life I implemented at the end of 2010. Moved to a different town, transferred to a different department in the company I work for (new colleagues, less pay, less stress and workload) ... left family and friends behind. Basically changed my everyday life in a lot of key aspects of my life ... and ... I have to say overall it was pretty positive. I miss being with my family, I miss my hometown ... but not so much that I would regret moving. I gained a lot of new experiences, have some new friends (and new people I dislike) ...
It?s not like 2011 has been an awsome year, but as a year that featured that many changes for me, I am quite pleased how smooth it all went and I?m looking forward to 2012 ...

Last edited:
2011 was decent
*work...made an extra 9k this year over last but not to my goal yet
*travel... +went to Hawaii(scuba dived with sharks), +went to Washington DC(wife's first time), +Went to Orlando, FL Disney land(first time),- Went to Kansas(Grandmothers funeral)
*personal... +still happily married no kids yet(2012)
*health...everyone is good but the grandmother that died(12-18-2010) and Dad has cancer(2-2011)

Things I didn't do but wanted to... new car, trip to Japan, trip to Canada, lose 10lb

Life sucks,..... then you get up, piss on it and go about your merry way.

Started off 2011 feeling trapped in my job and wanting to move back home to New Hampshire.

In March, receive word that my office is closing and work is moving to Nashville. Decide to take buyout option and leave the company after 10 years.

In June, my best friend here in California leaves for Nashville. I am alone again.

In September, leave my job.

October, receive separation benefits.

November, use said benefits to buy a new car to move back home in.

December, feeling trapped at home because of California DMV and wanting to move back home to New Hampshire.

For me it was a very positive year. My mother recovered very good from a serious illness. I spent the first full year with my/a girlfriend. University went really well and I've got a cool job at a engineering company with good perspectives for more when I finally graduate with my Master's next year.