Kids set puppy on fire - Sign petition to stop animal abuse!

The title was just a translation of the article I linked, with the link to the petition in a seperate link for those that wish not to see the video.

I realize the petition means nothing, but everyone should get the chance to decide for themselfs wether they want to sign it or not.

On the matter of the consequences of their actions, I do believe they should receive punishment by being put into some sort of institution.
Kids like these are as much of a threat to society as other, adult criminals.

I don't want to use the slippery slope theory here but when they can do this to a puppy, how long before they do the same to a human being? As a kid I was often bullied too, however, I was one of the lucky ones. Because those same bullies made a fellow student handicapped for life. They were sent to institutions for a couple of years but are now free again, and from the stories I've heard they haven't learned much there.

Realisticly though, I don't think these kids will ever face any kind of consequences for their deeds.

On the matter of the consequences of their actions, I do believe they should receive punishment by being put into some sort of institution.
Kids like these are as much of a threat to society as other, adult criminals.

The moment you start using therapy as punishment you cross a line. Besides, actions like this show a clear lack of moral grasp. How do you punish someone who doesn't know what they did wrong?

The moment you start using therapy as punishment you cross a line. Besides, actions like this show a clear lack of moral grasp. How do you punish someone who doesn't know what they did wrong?

Precisely. You can be as PC and liberal as you like but there will always be people like this with a defective moral compass who give no thought to the consequences of their actions, especially since they know society is as lily-livered as it is these days. Unless society is prepared to agree to proactive punishment they will never see that what they did was wrong. Locking them up for a period and then talking to them nicely will achieve nothing.

This is why I was advocating public corporal punishment. Give the bored public something to do and perhaps revitalise our dying civic centres. And put them into the stocks first. Let them experience a certain amount of derision, abuse and humiliation and perhaps get a sense of the outrage they cause amongst decent, law-abiding citizens and one tiny fraction of the pain and suffering they cause.

ASBOs and the like don't work with young people of this ilk - they just wear them as a badge of honour - so why don't we try another tack? At the risk of sounding all :wheelchair: when I was growing up most kids had a healthy fear or teachers, the Police and other adults and respected them. Sadly the tofu-knitting sandal wearers have had their way and we aren't allowed to discipline children as they traditionally have been. And guess what? It hasn't fucking worked!!! Never mind David Cameron and "Hug A Hoodie". It should be "Grab that little bastard by the hoodie and give him a damn good slap."

Prosecute them to the fullest extent of the law.

Yeah, a ?50 fine and 100 hours of community service. That'll teach them.

I wanted to post what I feel they should do with the little fuckwads, but I will refrain from doing so until my anger rate is at a reasonble level again.....in about 3 months.

Perhaps I should have chosen my words more carefully. What I actually meant is that they should be kept from the streets forever, as I stated in my next paragraph these youth institutions aren't adequate to handle criminals like these. When they regain their freedom they just pick up where they left. And while I largely agree with MWF's way of handling matters like these I still think that even if they had to endure public corporal punishment they still wouldn't give a fuck and keep on acting like they do now, perhaps with even more cruelty because they feel a need for revenge.

In this day and age there unfortunately is no realisticly possible way of dealing with kids like that, not in a way that would be considered 'justice' to most of us.

:clarkson: If this happened in Korea nobody would bat an eyelid. But for the sake of balance, since we are on the BBC, execute them in front of their families.

OK, so joking aside, this is appalling. I don't agree with capital punishment but for crimes such as this public corporal punishment should be the norm. Tie little bastards like this to trees in the town square, naked, and thrash their little backsides. I'm not talking about lashes that cause permanent scars but a few slaps with wooden paddles on their depraved little arses will make them and numerous other spiteful tosspots think twice. Or at the very least make damn sure these sorry little punks don't do this kind of thing again. They will experience some of the pain they inflicted but more importantly the humiliation will stay with them.

Banning corporal punishment in schools is one of the biggest pieces of lily-livered crap the EU ever dreamt up. Because they failed to realise it is the humilaition and not thepain that acts as the deterrent. When I was at school the stigma attached and the subsequent piss-taking was a much greater incentive to behave than the thought of physical discomfort.

I agree with you 1000%. I spanked my kids when they were little and I set definite boundaries for them. But since my kids knew I would spank then, I almost never had too.

As for the kids, lock em' up, first sign of a fucked up person is harming animals. I'll bet they'll move onto more interesting human targets before long, most do.

Also, this is so damn true. Sad, but true.

I think there must be a stronger law on how to parent kids. It's mostly their fault that they have grown up such monsters and idiots.

Again, I completely agree.

I am going to have disagree with everyone here.

You could beat children like the old days, do everything that you think would set them straight and still this would still happen.
There are people who are wired in the brain differently than you and I, and they do not feel, in their heart of hearts, that what they are doing is wrong. Read up on serial killers; John Wayne Gacy and Ted Bundy were appalled that the law had the audacity to set them on trial.
These children are just plain old fucked up in the head, mentally disturbed, no two ways about it.

Possibly. But if you teach a child from day 1 about what is okay and what is most certainly NOT okay, that would take care of most of the issues like this. Yes, there are people out there where their minds are just hosed...but that's where the parents, who should be watching their kids and not letting them just roam, should step in. Kids need to have guidelines and rules set from an early age. Too many parents today use the TV or game systems to watch their kids.

I really doubt that the kids who set fire to that puppy (which I cant watch) have never done anything like this before. There were probably other animals they've tortured, before they decided to go that last step and do something as horrible as this.

This petition is as useless as a petition against rain on a day you wanna have a barbecue...

Dunno about Ed Gein's history, but aren't animal cruelty and arson in childhood quite common in adult serial killers? :think:

Yes, which is my point. Their brain is just wired differently than the rest of society. What society should do about it preemptively is up to the courts to decide. Lobotomy, maybe?

Like Ed Gein?

I have no idea who that is, and I'm too lazy to Google him.

But, like I said above...while I do think that some people might have some kind of...brain wiring gone bad...the point I was making was that I seriously doubt that any serial killer ever starts out doing horrible things like this from day one.

I really don't think that children or adults simply wake up one day after being totally 'normal' and decide to start killing innocent creatures just out of the blue.

And I don't care what any parent says...if your kids are little and you're involved in their lives in any way, and they even start to do things like this...you have to know at least in a small part of your mind that something isn't right.

And then take steps to help before it gets to the point where they're killing animals...let alone starting to look at people in the same light.

I don't get it. Why set a puppy on fire when you can burn plenty of inanimate objects instead? I was a bit of a pyro growing up but I never burned anything alive. Stuffed all sorts of shit into my fireplace and set it alight, even made homebrew napalm a few times, but I never once did so in a manner that risked anyone's safety and never burnt anything living.

Those kids are fucked in the head, no two ways about it.

You can get banned from keeping animal pets for ten years here, plus fines & whatnot.

Doesn't do a damn thing, they'll just torture someone else's instead.
What society should do about it preemptively is up to the courts to decide. Lobotomy, maybe?

Already been tried, didn't work.
And then take steps to help before it gets to the point where they're killing animals...let alone starting to look at people in the same light.
Help won't work. You can only help those willing to be helped, and if they're setting fire to pets they don't want to be helped.

I'm not sure what to do with people like that, to be honest. Part of me wants to use them as a speed bump, part of me wants to use them to test the safety of Toyota Priuses, part of me wants to commit them to a psyche ward for 80 years or so, part of me wants to see 'em in prison...I have no idea what would be 'right' and would work.

Those kids are fucked in the head, no two ways about it.

For doing something like this, I hate to say it, but I agree with you. I didn't click on the video, but I'm guessing the kids are young? Or are they teens? Not that it really excuses these actions in any way.

Help won't work. You can only help those willing to be helped, and if they're setting fire to pets they don't want to be helped.

And that would be true if they were in their teens or adults and already set on willingly going down that road. Or one of those people who DO know what they're doing and being sick, enjoy it. *shudders* But for young kids...first of all, they would have to learn that behavior from...somewhere. Or be under the assumption that what they are doing is okay.

And secondly, it's quite possible that very young kids may not really understand what they're doing if they tried something like this. Or at least I would hope not.

Lastly, I have to disagree (mostly) about the part on 'not wanting to get help'. Although I'm lucky and have never had to deal with that in my family, my understanding is that quite a lot of people who attempt suicide (for example) do so in a cry for help.

And (really really) lastly, no matter what the circumstances are, if you don't even try to teach your child about morality, right from wrong, whats good or bad until they blatantly do something like this, then trying to undo all that damage will be a much harder fight. And you as a parent should also be punished.

Just my 2 cents. :)

Lastly, I have to disagree (mostly) about the part on 'not wanting to get help'. Although I'm lucky and have never had to deal with that in my family, my understanding is that quite a lot of people who attempt suicide (for example) do so in a cry for help.
And to those people help would be useful. They want help, hence the whole "I'ma off myself" business. I'm not referring to them when I say that. Who I am referring to are the people who don't want help, the ones who will do whatever the hell it is they want to do regardless of what society thinks. People like John Wayne Gacy, for example. No amount of help is going to do anything with a person like that because they don't want help, nor will they accept it. They may go along with it but it's only a short-term reaction intended to get the people offering it the hell away, once they're on their own again they pop right back into gear and go on as if nobody said a word to them.

Kids who set fire to puppies are most often in that latter category.

And (really really) lastly, no matter what the circumstances are, if you don't even try to teach your child about morality, right from wrong, whats good or bad until they blatantly do something like this, then trying to undo all that damage will be a much harder fight. And you as a parent should also be punished.
Even a child raised on video games is going to have some semblance of a moral compass. It may not be as accurate as society would like, but it will exist and will point in vaguely the right direction. They'll know that torture is wrong, murder is wrong, theft is wrong, etc etc, and while they may not be upstanding members of society they won't be setting fire to small animals just for shits and giggles.

Oh, and I didn't click on the vid either. Don't need that imagry in my head, bad enough I know what happened. I'm assuming age 10-14.

For doing something like this, I hate to say it, but I agree with you. I didn't click on the video, but I'm guessing the kids are young? Or are they teens?

First off, you made the right decision not watching that video. The whole thing is completely fucked up, but almost the worst part of it for me was seeing the fear in the little dogs eyes before they actually set it on fire. It is clear to me that they had been messing the with the poor little guy for a while and he was completely terrified. I actually stopped watching it about halfway through the first time due to freaking out and being highly disturbed by the sound and images. I have to say it was haunting me though, and I needed to know that that it at least ended relatively quickly, which it did (but not quickly enough).

They didn't really show the faces of these psycho's, but from the pitch of their voices I would say they were in their early teenage years. Had to be at least 3-5 of them around too. There was laughter and sniggering, and at the end of the video the person (pschyo?) taking the video said something like "awww....poor puppy" in Dutch with the same tone of voice as you hear in classic hollywood bullying scenes where the bully says "aww...you gonna cry?" or similar.

Not much more to be said that hasn't been said already. All I know is that the classic thing you hear about serial killers is this kind of stuff, and its clear to me that those kids are complete sociopaths. Lets just hope they don't get a hold of guns or something, since I foresee some "columbinesque" behavior in their future.