My little girl's First Birthday today

DaShowstoppa

Car(s)
2010 Vauxhall Astra 1.6L SRI
Yep, one year ago as I write this, all hell was breaking loose at Frimley Park Hospital as we found out our little girl would need some help in coming into the world (i.e we had to go in and get the lazy sod)

My wife was off her face on entonox, and I was just psyched up with more adrenaline than I've ever had in my life.

And lo, at 9:47 in the theatre - on Christmas Eve - Eve, a child was born.

My child. My beautiful Amy-Rose. Happy first birthday to her - I just felt like telling the world, I'm so happy and proud of her. AND she stood up unaided today too.

There is NOTHING in this world as awesome and amazing as being a daddy.

So it's actually her second birthday :think:

Congrats! :)

Amy Rose? After The Doctor's companions? :D

So it's actually her second birthday :think:

You Finns are weird. :p

Most countries count the day when the child turns 1 year old as their first birthday.

Amy Rose? After The Doctor's companions? :D

Nah, just liked the name. Possibly because of hearing it through Sonic the Hedgehog at some point.

Nah, just liked the name. Possibly because of hearing it through Sonic the Hedgehog at some point.

Just to refresh your memory :p

419px-ASR_Amy.png

Often seen with a large hammer or a small car (present ideas!). Anyway, congrats to you both!

Congrats!

There is NOTHING in this world as awesome and amazing as being a daddy.

I wholeheartedly agree. All is well as long as I have my girls with me. No matter how shitty my day, they always manage to make me smile.

Just to refresh your memory :p

419px-ASR_Amy.png

Often seen with a large hammer or a small car (present ideas!). Anyway, congrats to you both!

She already has a hammer, and I'm nervous that she has some pretty dastardly ideas connected with it. I really wanted to try and get her a cuddly Amy Rose toy, but all I can find is Sonic and Tails.

Congrats and a Happy Birthday to the little tacker. Now that she can get up unaided and walking is the next natural progression, may she rain havok upon the DaShowStoppa house hold by getting into as much mischief as possible! ;)

You Finns are weird.

Most countries count the day when the child turns 1 year old as their first birthday.

But the day they were born is the real birth day, we just celebrate the anniversary.. Maybe it is just the Finnish blood that runs through my blood. :dunno:

Last edited:
ot:

But the day they were born is the real birth day, we just celebrate the anniversary.. Maybe it is just the Finnish blood that runs through my blood. :dunno:

That was just me trying to be a smart-ass, we do count it same way that everyone else (7th birthday when kid turns 7 etc.)

A bit late to the party, but happy first birthday Amy-Rose :D

Happy belated first to little Amy Rose! :)