FinalGear Around the World Care Package!

IceBone

Blue Wheel Hipster
Car(s)
Audi A5 Quattro
Picking up from where the irc discussion left off, and Idea has popped into my head. Send something that FG likes, a mascot if you will, maybe a teddybear, on a trip around the world. We compile a list of FGers willing to participate and send out the addresses. One thing that will have to be done, though.

Take a picture (or 7) of yourself with the mascot somewhere that just screams where you are and post it/them here.

Afterwards, you pack it back up into the box and send it on its merry way. Another thing, optional, is to add something to the package that you would like the next person to have. Shouldn't be more than $20 in value and to keep the shipping costs low, quite small and light.

The order of participants will be compiled primarily on who wants to send something to whom. This is not meant to be done as quickly as possible, the photo itself might take a while to do alone.

The idea of doing it with a disposable camera, which would be included in the package was toyed with too, but that's too unpredictable and the point of this whole experiment is for the community to do something that connects us. Doesn't matter how we do it.

Also, try to get as good a camera to take the photo with as you can. Everyone has a shitty camera phone by now, but let's put some effort into it, huh?

EDIT: and try to keep it legal. No hiding a pack of weed inside the stuffing or something. :p

Last edited:
I'd be game.

Put me down for the general Hartford, Connecticut area, if we're doing things geographically.

Last edited:
i'd be up for that.

San Francisco, Ca area.

Last edited:
Would the package just travel in order, say from east to west, around the world?

I'm up for representing Seattle.

post your City too, so we can work out the route (suggested that you post to the next closest person on the list)

We will also need volunteers to be the last for their continent, ie I'm happy to be the one posting from Oz to the next country, because OS costs can be prohibitive for some people.

So, I'm in and located in Canberra, Australia

Would be interesting to put a GPS logger inside, to know the exact travel route of the package. But thats too complicated, expensive, and probably won't work. And somehow it is also too private pointing to the direct address for anyone to see.

Forgot to mention in the previous post, I'm in.

I might be. I would need to see a timeline of about when it would be coming through so I am not away on vacation. which also raises a question, how long should we plan on keeping it? A day or two at most?

We could also have a googlemaps thing where whomever gets the the bear, make a mark on the map and tag it with whatever image you take with the bear. Or whatever random thing Ice decides to use.

edit: i no speke inglish good.

I'm in for Pittsburgh provided I get it before mid-May since thats when I'm leaving this city. If it'll get to me later, I'll be elsewhere.

Also heres a potential idea. Put a $1 bill in the box, and track it over at www.wheresgeorge.com

EDIT: Actually no, that wouldn't work. They don't like when bills are purposefully shared like that. But something similar could work.