Those Little Things...

Davetouch

is un-Stoppable
Car(s)
'00 9-3 2.0 Turbo Vert, Various MGs, '99 Ringoo
...That make us happy, or more specifically have made us happy today. We've got a 'things that annoy us' thread, so why not spread a little happiness and celebrate your minimal but still important successes.

And yes, that was a little too hippy-like for me... :p

Anyway - I'll start off. I just counted up how much of my project report/dissertation I've written so far - just over 6000 words, or half of the overall 12,000 limit (not including appendices). This makes me happy as I start testing tomorrow (thanks again to everyone who filled out the questionnaire) and have about 7 weeks until its due in, during which I will write it all up. :)

brewed the perfect pot of coffee...mmm...

Yeah I totally didn't forget that one... :| :think::idiot:

Coming home and finding everybody's out.

For me- a cool shower at the end of a hot day, fresh clean sheets, and a nice cold beer before bed.

Or when it's cold...a hot bubble bath, clean sheets and a nice hot chocolate right before bed.

Easy, it's currently 13 degrees out, the sun is shining and there isn't a hint of pollution in the air (well, according to Beijing's standards anyway).

That once in a while Jolly Rancher, whatever a persons favorite flavor may be.

Apple for me.

When a cashier hands me back my change coins first and then cash, so I have the coins in the palm of my hand and the cash in my fingers so I can distribute to my wallet and pockets accordingly with ease.

And more to the point you don't have to attempt the magic tablecloth trick with the notes to avoid sending the coinage all over the floor and rolling under the counter.

That once in a while Jolly Rancher, whatever a persons favorite flavor may be.

Apple for me.

Ooh...for me it's peach or watermelon.

- - - Updated - - -

When a cashier hands me back my change coins first and then cash, so I have the coins in the palm of my hand and the cash in my fingers so I can distribute to my wallet and pockets accordingly with ease.

And more to the point you don't have to attempt the magic tablecloth trick with the notes to avoid sending the coinage all over the floor and rolling under the counter.

This this this a thousand times this. I worked retail for many years, and it was common courtesy to make all of the bills face the same way. Just doesn't happen anymore...

What currently makes me happy are the miniature figures I painted yesterday and today, and how they turned out. :)

XHb4afh.jpg

FFUVcVt.jpg

1skfRKn.jpg

There are some talented people around here :eek:

Bacon sandwich - that is all.

Bacon sarnies are great. But I went on the internet and I found this:

Why? Why would somebody make or order one of the greatest sandwiches known to man and then ruin it by adding ketchup?

The only condiment to add is brown sauce. I prefer Daddies, but HP is a perfectly acceptable substitute.

What currently makes me happy are the miniature figures I painted yesterday and today, and how they turned out. :)

Oooh, which game is that?

I'm thinking Dust: Tactics - but that's just a guess on my part.

How did you know?! :lol:

Oooh, which game is that?

As Cpt. Howdy already miraculously guessed, it's Dust Tactics, a very pulpy alternative take on WW2, with alien tech, lasers, zombies, war gorillas, walking tanks etc.
Gameplay wise it's a hybrid between a traditional tabletop wargame (like Warhammer 40k) and a board game. The rules are very focused and streamlined, so new players can pick them up easily, and playing a game doesn't take too long either.