Those Little Things...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Those Little Things...

...That make us happy, or more specifically have made us happy today. We've got a 'things that annoy us' thread, so why not spread a little happiness and celebrate your minimal but still important successes.

And yes, that was a little too hippy-like for me...

Anyway - I'll start off. I just counted up how much of my project report/dissertation I've written so far - just over 6000 words, or half of the overall 12,000 limit (not including appendices). This makes me happy as I start testing tomorrow (thanks again to everyone who filled out the questionnaire) and have about 7 weeks until its due in, during which I will write it all up.
    ^My Flickr Page^_______________________________^My Blipfoto 'Photo Every Day' Page^

I started writing my latest essay on the Falklands/Malvinas issue for my degree, and for once I'm working well ahead of schedule, at the best of my ability and I'm really enjoying the topic.

Comment

brewed the perfect pot of coffee...mmm...
      When you say that we're all assholes,
      Guess it'd be useless to deny
      I'm just saying, you're the reason why

Comment

Threads that look quite familiar.
        "Power corrupts. Lack of power corrupts absolutely."
        -Redliner, ironically

Comment

Yeah I totally didn't forget that one...
          ^My Flickr Page^_______________________________^My Blipfoto 'Photo Every Day' Page^

Comment

Coming home and finding everybody's out.
            1993 Ford F-150 Flareside - July 2010 - August 2013
            2004 Ford Mustang - September 2013 - Present
            1987 Mercury Colony Park GS - August 2015 - Present
            2003 EZGO TXT - March 2015 - Present (it's road legal!)

Originally posted by narf
            Did I mention it burps and farts like a Roman orgy?
            Originally posted by Redliner
            Wankel is better because BRAP
            Originally posted by prizrak
            The difference between a manually shifted auto and a proper manual is about the same as masturbation and sex.

Comment

For me- a cool shower at the end of a hot day, fresh clean sheets, and a nice cold beer before bed.

Or when it's cold...a hot bubble bath, clean sheets and a nice hot chocolate right before bed.
              Booooooooored

Comment

Easy, it's currently 13 degrees out, the sun is shining and there isn't a hint of pollution in the air (well, according to Beijing's standards anyway).

Comment

That once in a while Jolly Rancher, whatever a persons favorite flavor may be.

Apple for me.
                  LET | FOREVER | BE

Comment

When a cashier hands me back my change coins first and then cash, so I have the coins in the palm of my hand and the cash in my fingers so I can distribute to my wallet and pockets accordingly with ease.

Comment

And more to the point you don't have to attempt the magic tablecloth trick with the notes to avoid sending the coinage all over the floor and rolling under the counter.
                      WillDAQ: To use the technical terms: "the Mustang is to aerodynamics what horse shit is to fine dining"

Dr Grip: Brilliant!

EyeMWing Because what fun is a silicone dick if you don't try putting it in somebody's backside at least once.

Jay IKEA now ranks up in my awesome list, quite near bacon and blowjobs.

Cowboy I've never gotten so drunk I wanted to rub one out while shoving a fire extinguisher up my ass.

Remind me never to have him round to dinner!

www.mattonmotors.com/ @MattOnMotors

Comment

Originally posted by Jay View Post
                        That once in a while Jolly Rancher, whatever a persons favorite flavor may be.

Apple for me.
                        Ooh...for me it's peach or watermelon.

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by captain_70s View Post
                        When a cashier hands me back my change coins first and then cash, so I have the coins in the palm of my hand and the cash in my fingers so I can distribute to my wallet and pockets accordingly with ease.
                        Originally posted by MWF View Post
                        And more to the point you don't have to attempt the magic tablecloth trick with the notes to avoid sending the coinage all over the floor and rolling under the counter.
                        This this this a thousand times this. I worked retail for many years, and it was common courtesy to make all of the bills face the same way. Just doesn't happen anymore...
                        There is no such thing as a stupid question.* *but there are a lot of inquisitive idiots.

Comment

This tiny little thing:

should make me very happy in the future.

Comment

What currently makes me happy are the miniature figures I painted yesterday and today, and how they turned out.

Comment

Bacon sandwich - that is all.

Comment

There are some talented people around here
                                Support your FG Community: buy a shirt or iPhone cover

As I have grown older, I've learned that pleasing everyone is impossible - but pissing everyone off, is a piece of cake.

Comment

Originally posted by Cobol74 View Post
                                  Bacon sandwich - that is all.
                                  Bacon sarnies are great. But I went on the internet and I found this:

Why? Why would somebody make or order one of the greatest sandwiches known to man and then ruin it by adding ketchup?

The only condiment to add is brown sauce. I prefer Daddies, but HP is a perfectly acceptable substitute.
                                  Pudding can't fill the emptiness inside me! But it'll help.

Comment

Originally posted by shad_68 View Post
                                    What currently makes me happy are the miniature figures I painted yesterday and today, and how they turned out.
                                    Oooh, which game is that?
                                    "If you're following your grandmother's ambulance to the hospital and accidentally rear-end the ambulance as it pulls into the trauma bay...
                                    As the confused EMT is coming to get your insurance info, the only truly logical response is to run out to the hospital parking lot, steal a truck, and GTFO "

--------------
                                    <Patrician|Away> what does your robot do, sam
                                    <bovril> it collects data about the surrounding environment, then discards it and drives into walls
                                    --------------
                                    "When being persuaded by books you initially disagree with is considered "brainwashing"—well, we're in trouble."

Comment

I'm thinking Dust: Tactics - but that's just a guess on my part.
                                      Pudding can't fill the emptiness inside me! But it'll help.

Comment

Originally posted by CAPT_Howdy View Post
                                        I'm thinking Dust: Tactics - but that's just a guess on my part.
                                        How did you know?!

Originally posted by American TG Man View Post
                                        Oooh, which game is that?
                                        As Cpt. Howdy already miraculously guessed, it's Dust Tactics, a very pulpy alternative take on WW2, with alien tech, lasers, zombies, war gorillas, walking tanks etc.
                                        Gameplay wise it's a hybrid between a traditional tabletop wargame (like Warhammer 40k) and a board game. The rules are very focused and streamlined, so new players can pick them up easily, and playing a game doesn't take too long either.

Comment

Working...
                                        X