The Positivity Thread aka "Today was a great day because....."

Sold an old textbook and got 54 bucks.

making-it-rain-ladies.jpg

Beating a Continental GT Speed at the lights just felt good today. 1.4 vs 6.0, 100 hp vs 616 hp :mrgreen:

Also driving while listening to GTA radio stations was awesome!

Beating a Continental GT Speed at the lights just felt good today. 1.4 vs 6.0, 100 hp vs 616 hp :mrgreen:

You sound like one of those people at the pub who keep bragging about their peugeot eating porches for breakfast :p

Today was great, amazing. It's awesome what spending a hour or two with a friend can do.

Today was incredible because I got to coach my mom during her very first time on track during the Porsche Roadshow at Sonoma! She did great and she got to do it in Caymans and 911s.

GTA?

Greater Toronto Area? Grand Theft Auto?

Sold an old textbook and got 54 bucks.

A bit like this, I sold some old shares last year and got the money then.
Unbeknown to me it was midway through their FY, so they wrote to me recently saying they owed me another ?220.

Wrote back and claimed it last week, today the notificaton arrived all OK and they also said they owe me another ?80!

So, found ?300 I never knew I had. :happy:

(I don't understand share schemes. :?)

Sun!

indeed! and at the same time, too o_O

went out for a bike ride... 17km... about halfway: SNAP! lost one of my rear wheel's spokes (as in: sheared clean off)... rest of the way was annoying, what with the wheel turning egg-shaped instantly and rubbing on the brakes and whatnot :mad: anyway, keeping it positive: i've ridden my bike long and hard enough for the spokes to start snapping, that has to be good, right? :lol:

Last edited:
Made a heck of a lot of progress with the decorating today. Including upcycling a weatherbeaten wooden ladder I got off Freegle into a coat rack and storage for hats, scarves and gloves.....

....and before any smartarse comments most of what you see on view belongs to Dearest.

:p

Last edited:
Made a heck of a lot of progress with the decorating today. Including upcycling a weatherbeaten wooden ladder I got off Freegle into a coat rack and storage for hats, scarves and gloves.....

I take it she fond of a certain color... :hmm:

For Kara it's black. Her tights drawer (yes, DRAWER) I call the Model T drawer because it's any color you want as long as it's black.

Ended up sitting on a really nice green in the sunshine eating a Cornetto by accident.

I thought Cornettos were by walls?

Anyhoo today was a good day because bar a small section under the stairs we finished painting the lounge and it looks stunning!

My Friday night was made.

My sister found this restaurant she wanted to try in Chicago, afterwards we walked back to the parking garage and the sidewalk had some rather high steps to get down to the street to cross. So, since she has cerebral paulsy, walking is difficult and stairs are harder, especially when there's no railing. So, I picked her up and walked down the stairs. An older man and his wife behind me said "Wow, that's about as good as throwing your coat down on a puddle for your lady!" Not correcting him that she's my sister, I just said thanks.

I don't care, I'll help a women out however I can. Having an outside person comment on my actions makes me feel great.

Had the family over this afternoon and evening for Fathers Day. I cleaned my house, bought a ton of carne asada from the carniceria, a couple cases of beer, and watched the last half of the Nascar race with my dad and brother before my mom and sister in law showed up. Manned the grill, the food was great, no drama, everyone had a good time, etc. Life is good. :D

Last edited:
Had the family over this afternoon and evening for Fathers Day. I cleaned my house, bought a ton of carne asada

If you're ever in Chicago, go here for some awesome carne asada:
6a00d8341cad8253ef0153921557a8970b-800wi.jpg

Teach me master!

If you're ever in Chicago, go here for some awesome carne asada:
6a00d8341cad8253ef0153921557a8970b-800wi.jpg
If I'm ever in Chicago, I'll be too busy eating pizza to think about mexican food.

Teach me master!
There is no controlling it. It's like winning the lottery, everything has to match up perfectly. Luckily for me, my parents are getting along, and my 9 year old and 1 year old nieces are great kids. It doesn't happen often, but when it does, it's nice to have a good family get-together.