The Positivity Thread aka "Today was a great day because....."

I have lost 29 pounds since the start of February. I was hoping to hit the 30# mark by the end of the month, but I'm just the smallest bit shy of that.

:shock: that's insane :blink:

Congratulations.

Today I passed the practical exam for my sailing certificate. More details to follow in the achievement thread when I'm home again on Sunday.
Heeeey! You said you'd get in contact when you were in the area!

I just bowled 188. I have no idea why. I feel like Neo in the Matrix : "I know bowling"

I haven't been able to brake 100 lately on the odd occasion that I bowl.

I haven't been able to brake 100 lately on the odd occasion that I bowl.

Me neither, which is why today was so unusual.
9/10 games I had a strike or a spare, missed one with a score of 9

...I don't have to drive 50 km to the original shop of my new bike to register it on my name. :) The previous owner gave me the original receipt when I bought the bike from him, the bike has a VIN plus a so-called B-ID code on it so you can register the bike on a special website. Since the receipt had a wrong digit (X instead of K) in the VIN I wasn't sure if I would be able to register it on my name, but when I phoned the original shop and told them my dilemma they were able to change the mapping of the VIN to the B-ID code (of course they asked for the name and address of the original owner which I had through the receipt). :)

Now the bike is registered and if it is stolen (which shouldn't happen since I have a pretty sturdy lock) the chances of recovering are at least a bit higher than if I hadn't registered it in the first place. :)

I successfully meal prepped for the whole week.

I received a letter stating I'd get back 50 Euros even though electricity prices went up and I moved to a bigger apartment because I used even less electricity than the year before, in 7 months (September 1st to April 8th) I used just 484 kWh. :) That said, I don't have a washer/dryer, there is one in the basement which is coin-operated.

I received a letter stating I'd get back 50 Euros even though electricity prices went up and I moved to a bigger apartment because I used even less electricity than the year before, in 7 months (September 1st to April 8th) I used just 484 kWh. :) That said, I don't have a washer/dryer, there is one in the basement which is coin-operated.

Ah yes... last year I managed to get by on less than 650 kWh, qualifying for another lovely 100? bonus payment because I'd saved more than 10% year over year. I won't manage that this year, I bet, but then again, maybe I'll get my consumption high enough to manage another 10% reduction next year then... ahhh lovely, those marketing idiots. they're basically giving me 40% of my annual electricity bill back with that stupid scheme :dunno:

Ah yes... last year I managed to get by on less than 650 kWh, qualifying for another lovely 100? bonus payment because I'd saved more than 10% year over year. I won't manage that this year, I bet, but then again, maybe I'll get my consumption high enough to manage another 10% reduction next year then... ahhh lovely, those marketing idiots. they're basically giving me 40% of my annual electricity bill back with that stupid scheme :dunno:

You should buy an AC unit. If every 2nd summer is hot, the savings bonus for the colder summer pays for the hotter summer :D

The company I am getting my power from adjusts the payments according to the consumption of the last year so from now on I'm paying 6 Euros per month less (25 instead of 31 Euros). If I manage to keep the power consumption at that level I likely won't get anything back next year, but won't have an additional payment as well.
The incidental costs of my rented apartment, that's another story though. Those stay fixed even though I'm getting about 200-300 Euros back every year since I use much less heating than I pay in advance.

It is cheaper than building a new power station.

... after a day of fiddling around with InfluxDB and Grafana i finally got my metrics collection and dashboard working.

Now move everything over from my laptop to a production environment.

You should buy an AC unit. If every 2nd summer is hot, the savings bonus for the colder summer pays for the hotter summer :D

Ah, and I was wondering why the idiot above me has one of those ugly AC boxes on his tiny balcony...

I doubt anyone would remember, but the reason I originally joined Analgear was to identify a particular piece of music used in the "Audi vs Climbers" film. I finally found out the name/artist about 4 years ago but according to the information available at the time it was one of those pieces of incidental library music that TV companies use but had never been released.

Well thanks to Google, IceBone and eBay I have identified a CD compilation which purports to contain it. Thus far I am the only bidder and the auction ends in 12 hours.

If successful I can finally leave this sordid cesspool of internet nerds and perverts and concentrate on a normal life.

It's been real, you bunch of sleazy motherfuckers but hopefully in less than 24 hours I will be able to move on.

KIDDING! You ain't getting rid of me that easily. Hell, I'm not so much part of the furniture as interred in the foundations. And I love you all. Except for that smug bastard eizbaer whose looks, charm and car I can only dream of. ;)

If successful I can finally leave this sordid cesspool of internet nerds and perverts and concentrate on a normal life.

It's been real, you bunch of sleazy motherfuckers but hopefully in less than 24 hours I will be able to move on.
Woohoo! Finally! \o/

KIDDING! You ain't getting rid of me that easily. Hell, I'm not so much part of the furniture as interred in the foundations. And I love you all. Except for that smug bastard eizbaer whose looks, charm and car I can only dream of. ;)
:shakefist: Damn it, Matt! Give that ditch a BMW, ditches love BMWs...

Reactions: MWF
I vote for banning the dickhead anyway!

Now that would be positive.

:tease:

Or am I? :p

I've just spent the past week with the wanker and I vote for an immediate ban as well. :p