The Positivity Thread aka "Today was a great day because....."

Met someone from university in the queue at Versailles... sadly, he wasn't one of the chattier ones, so it was just "Hi, what a surprise! Bye!"

I met a dwarf that was no good, dressed like little red riding hood.

Keep your weird fantasies in NSFW. ;)

Keep your weird fantasies in NSFW. ;)

[video=youtube;cHTDkJ-bQqM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cHTDkJ-bQqM[/video]
:tease:

UNACCEPTABLE! :shakefist:

i always try to collect as many 50ct coins as possible... for the washing machine in the basement :| (i know i could get a whole roll from the bank or something, but the local post office (because postbank) don't "carry" those anymore and i'd have to order first, idiots!)

Listening to PM on Radio 4 on the way home they did a slot featuring members of HMAF who had served in Afghanistan entitled "Memories of Helmand".

One of the soldiers speaking described finishing a joint patrol with members of the Afghan forces in 50C heat and not looking forward to UK army rations, returning to base to discover his native colleagues had caught some fresh fish, sourced some fresh local bread and were frying potatoes in an attempt to serve their British cohorts their favourite national dish of fish and chips. He said it was the best he had ever tasted and even though I wasn't there I feel inclined to agree with him.

And I think that if the media were to spend more time focusing on the good that happens daily in the world instead of constantly sensationalising the evil how much better a life we might all stand a chance of enjoying. A daily reminder of the good in the world isn't a bad thing, is it?

I didn't have to sit in the office today. My fatass thanks me.

Was sick the past couple days, so the GF stopped by today to bring me soup, cough drops, OJ, milk, and a couple hugs. <3

I got home at about midnight, looked up my lectures (semester break is over) for this week and found out that the one I have on Monday mornings will start only next week. So I switched the alarm clock off again. :)

Apart from that, this coffee that I bought in Zurich is really nice, even with UHT milk which is the only milk I have at the moment. And good coffee makes me happy.

Ordered an external hard drive on newegg yesterday afternoon and asked for 4-7 business day shipping. It's right now plugged into my laptop and backing up my research files.

WIN

I just filled up my tank at effectively 1,425 Euro per litre for Premium E5 (1,469 minus 3% rebate because I paid with the credit card), that's 7.41$ per gallon including taxes. To put that into perspective: on September 4th I paid 1,57 Euro per litre, that's 8.20$ per gallon. The gas prices are on a record low for this year.

I just looked up gas prices for the US, apparently the US average is 3.32$ per gallon, now I'm depressed again... :|

I just looked up gas prices for the US, apparently the US average is 3.32$ per gallon, now I'm depressed again... :|

I was in South Dakota and gas was $2.99 a gallon.

I HOONED SOMETHING!

And it was something that I helped fix!

Most importantly, I HOONED SOMETHING! THREW IT SIDEWAYS! IN THE DIRT!

Took second place in my class (...of three, but who cares?) at a rallycross today in a borrowed Legacy wagon, heh. I haven't driven anything in anger in a little while. I miss that. I need working vehicles 'n' stuff.

I HOONED SOMETHINGGGGGGGG!!!