The Positivity Thread aka "Today was a great day because....."

But you've always wanted a transfer to the countryside some time, Janine...

I should rewatch that... for the hundredth time...

I never told you that.

Since I have a chronic illness of course I have prescriptions. One of them is on a yearly basis and the new prescription started on November 10th. Up until Tuesday no product showed up though (I usually receive quarterly shipments) so I contacted the vendor. Today I received an E-Mail that the prescription hasn't been processed properly and they are investigating the case. As compensation I'll immediately get two of those products for free which last two weeks each and normally cost 60 Euros per piece if I'd buy it without a prescription. That's how I received 120 Euros worth of product for free. :)

Update on yesterday's post. I had an interim appraisal today (two month probation, currently coming to the end of week three).

Management are delighted with how quickly I have got up to speed, learned the ropes, gelled with the rest of the team and are really glad they took me on.

In addition they have a really chilled management style which fosters mutual respect and they have introduced the various procedures in managed stages so that I've had a chance to get to grips with one thing before they then take me out of the loop for 10-15 minutes for an update which usually begins "You haven't been shown this yet so don't worry but we now need you also to be doing....."

I've gone from walking zombie at the foot of a vertical learning curve to punching my weight alongside the established team members in a very short space of time. Haven't enjoyed getting up and going to work this much for a very long time. Those who have met me will know that I am 110% (paging narf!) not a morning person but getting up at 6.45 and not getting home until nearly 12 hours later isn't bothering me one bit.

Long may this last.

I may have to :beer: in small celebration. Just a couple. It is still a school night after all.

Not a morning person either, so I'll let that slide :tease:

:cheers:

I swear to FSM you have some kind of alert thing that makes you aware when the word "narf" appears in a post so you can respond.

It's like that searchlight they used to get Batman's attention, although less cool and with more algebra.

But with a lab rat that speaks funny.

Since I have a chronic illness of course I have prescriptions. One of them is on a yearly basis and the new prescription started on November 10th. Up until Tuesday no product showed up though (I usually receive quarterly shipments) so I contacted the vendor. Today I received an E-Mail that the prescription hasn't been processed properly and they are investigating the case. As compensation I'll immediately get two of those products for free which last two weeks each and normally cost 60 Euros per piece if I'd buy it without a prescription. That's how I received 120 Euros worth of product for free. :)
...and today I received the confirmation that the regular quarterly shipment is on it's way as well...

Today I spent 20 minutes on the phone with a charming gentleman who has spent the last 17 years as Dame Judi Dench's personal driver. Should I wish in 10 days's time I can buy a 10 year old Skoda Superb V6 TDi which will have her name listed as the previous keeper of the vehicle.

At around ?350 it's sorely tempting even with the reputation of the VAG auto boxes from that era.

Because Dame Judi Dench, motherfuckers!

Should I or shouldn't I?

Should. Definitely should.

As for me, I'm going on a third date so far this week, gonna spend Friday night at his place hanging out then visiting the gym he goes to followed by our actual date - a trip to the state museum. :)

Today I spent 20 minutes on the phone with a charming gentleman who has spent the last 17 years as Dame Judi Dench's personal driver. Should I wish in 10 days's time I can buy a 10 year old Skoda Superb V6 TDi which will have her name listed as the previous keeper of the vehicle.

At around ?350 it's sorely tempting even with the reputation of the VAG auto boxes from that era.

Because Dame Judi Dench, motherfuckers!

Should I or shouldn't I?

Of course you should! Because Dame Judi Dench.

Also, would you be allowed by Dame Judi's management to use her name as a USP for the car? I suspect not, but maybe worth asking.

Wouldn't need to. Her name would be on the V5C as the previous keeper and I would "lose" it then apply for a duplicate so there would be provenance with the car.

Not that I actually plan to buy the thing, it was just fun to speculate.

After three months of waiting the insurance company finally decided that the young lady that drove into my car was indeed the one causing the accident. That means no deductible fee for me, free car repairs! :D

I just *love* those days between Xmas and the new year. No stupid office or family parties to attend, just sweatpants and a hoodie, legendary levels of coach potatoing, playing with the kids and general faffing around with no real purpose. Awesome