Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The serial number of your printer encoded in printouts...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The serial number of your printer encoded in printouts...

http://www.eff.org/Privacy/printers/wp.php

Basically if you counterfeit money it's an easy way for the feds to catch you, if you don't then you're fine, but I still don't like that it's being done unbeknownst to customers. But I understand why they don't say because of counterfeiters...anyway, just thought I'd share.
    In the USA, 100% of the Federal Income Tax Money goes to paying interest on the national deficit, and nothing else. Where's the law that says we have to pay?

This big brother stuff is really starting to get under my skin.
    2006 Volkswagen Passat 3.6 VR6. Das Auto

Comment

So not only will my color copies be covered in tiny yellow dots, but I could be arrested because the counterfitter hacked his copier to change his serial number and it just happened to be mine? Great....
      "It's not long enough to use in bed." -rickhamilton620

Comment

You could just buy the printer with cash and not be traced. Or steal one. Or buy an older printer without the technology that will still get the job done.

On a similar note, you cannot manipulate images of currency in Adobe Photoshop anymore without a crack. Silly since there is no law against it, they just felt like making some nanny code.

Comment

^How does it know if it's a picture of money?
          "It's not long enough to use in bed." -rickhamilton620

Comment

In PS 7.0 you can, the CS and CS2 versions you can't

EDIT:
            Originally posted by chaos386
            ^How does it know if it's a picture of money?
            I guess it's the same kinda algorithms used for facial recognition
            In the USA, 100% of the Federal Income Tax Money goes to paying interest on the national deficit, and nothing else. Where's the law that says we have to pay?

Comment

Working...
            X