Any arty folk fancy doing a design for my next tattoo?

MWF

Now needs wood
Car(s)
MX-5 1.8i Indiana SE, update pending
Yeah, nerdy, boring, middle-aged me has a tat although most people haven't seen it.

Been trying to think of something original for the other (upper) arm for ages and it came to me over the weekend. As a teenager I used to draw this cartoon of a skull with a monocle wearing a top hat and smoking a cigarette in an old fashioned holder like they used in the 20s and 30s. I don't have the artistic skills to draw anything good enough to be etched permanently into my skin but I figured the place to start looking for a proper design would be here.

I will pay real money for a proper, useable design. Looking for a view that's about 30 degrees from face on in the vertical plane.

Talk to your tattoo artist. The best ones truly live up to the artist bit.

I know that, but if I am going to be paying for a design I would rather that part of the cost go to a fellow FinalGearian if possible then just pay the random for the needlework.

I've actually designed a tattoo for someone. My first girlfriend. 16 years later, she still finds me on facebook, using alternate accounts, and tells me it still reminds her of me. Not exactly sure how she ever sees it... Bottom line is, I can't risk you getting that hung up on me. :lol:

It was a retarded drawing, too...just a random tiny sketch of a heart wrapped in thorns, and looked like a stencil. Nothing interesting or skillfull...

Yeah, nerdy, boring, middle-aged me has a tat although most people haven't seen it.

Been trying to think of something original for the other (upper) arm for ages and it came to me over the weekend. As a teenager I used to draw this cartoon of a skull with a monocle wearing a top hat and smoking a cigarette in an old fashioned holder like they used in the 20s and 30s. I don't have the artistic skills to draw anything good enough to be etched permanently into my skin but I figured the place to start looking for a proper design would be here.

I will pay real money for a proper, useable design. Looking for a view that's about 30 degrees from face on in the vertical plane.

Quick Google Image Search reveals, that your idea has actually been pictured multiple times and even used as a tattoo.

DSC_0654.JPG

Not sure how close those artworks or the actual tattoos reflect what was on your mind, but some could be used as a starting point to get where you want to be.

Just a thought: If you really want something original, why don't you get something that reflect your interests, maybe the automotive ones?