Random Thoughts....

Watching The Daily Show - Olivia Munn wasn't any good on G4TV, wasn't any good in any of her crappy walk-on roles in films, and she's utter shit on The Daily Show.

Olivia, please STFU or start a career in silent films.

:lol: I still miss TechTV/ZDTV and may never forgive Comcast for ruining it with G4....

Olivia is kind of like Danica Patrick isn't she?

I will admit, I was very confused when I heard that she was going to be an occasional "reporter" on TDS because I haven't really ever laughed at her. I've laughed at Pereira though because he's just weird.

Also, VIVA(la, but redundant) THE SCREEN SAVERS. Leo Laporte and Patrick Norton ftw.

Last edited:
Olivia is kind of like Danica Patrick isn't she?

I will admit, I was very confused when I heard that she was going to be an occasional "reporter" on TDS because I haven't really ever laughed at her. I've laughed at Pereira though because he's just weird.

Also, VIVA(la, but redundant) THE SCREEN SAVERS. Leo Laporte and Patrick Norton ftw.

Screen Savers and Leo Laporte's other show.... Call for Help? were pretty much what got me interested in computers. Robot Wars was also a lot of fun, for some reason I always liked it better than battlebots.

Yeah I have to agree. I already had a love for computers even before TSS and Call for Help, but they did progress my love of computers and etc. I'm even learning how to use Linux properly. CLI (Command Line Interface, old school) and all.

But yeah, I really liked their Sledgehammer segments, that's what got them a lot of attention. It was always quite interesting to watch Norton sledgehammer a computer.

Mass edit: Speaking of TechTV:

http://www.dslreports.com/shownews/DirecTV-Drops-Comcasts-G4-Network-111196

Hahaaaaa I'm not surprised. Well actually I kind of am. Well it's still funny.

Last edited:
Screen Savers and Leo Laporte's other show.... Call for Help? were pretty much what got me interested in computers.

This. TSS and Call for Help were awesome.

Screen Savers and Leo Laporte's other show.... Call for Help? were pretty much what got me interested in computers. Robot Wars was also a lot of fun, for some reason I always liked it better than battlebots.

Yeah I have to agree. I already had a love for computers even before TSS and Call for Help, but they did progress my love of computers and etc. I'm even learning how to use Linux properly. CLI (Command Line Interface, old school) and all.

But yeah, I really liked their Sledgehammer segments, that's what got them a lot of attention. It was always quite interesting to watch Norton sledgehammer a computer.

Mass edit: Speaking of TechTV:

http://www.dslreports.com/shownews/DirecTV-Drops-Comcasts-G4-Network-111196

Hahaaaaa I'm not surprised. Well actually I kind of am. Well it's still funny.

This. TSS and Call for Help were awesome.

Agreed, AOTS is merely but a bastardized shell of it's The Screen Savers self. Hell, the little amount of computer things they do go over are glossed over to the point where I actually feel insulted. Just who do they think their audience is? Computer novices? Call For Help was great too, although I preferred Leo's hosting over Chris Pirllo's (sp) just a bit. Oh and Fresh Gear = Awesome gadget show, before the whole gadget blog thing was around, this was where it was at!

Last edited:
They really should write a cookbook that tells you which two or three spices are the most important, essential ones you need. Sorry if I don't have bay leaf and cumin at hand and what kind of farcical sham abortion of a dish I'll create if I don't include those.

I'm not sure if these are available in Blighty, but I saw something kinda cool at the store earlier this evening...McCormick Recipe Inspirations. They are basically all the spices you need for a particular dish measured out and available in one package...kind of a neat idea if you a)don't cook that often or b) don't have the space to store a bunch of different spices.

suzysaid-stories-Recipe.jpg

Having a full spice cabinet (or two) is both dangerous and awesome. Dangerous because the spices in glass containers run the risk of falling out of the cabinet and shattering and getting everywhere... I've only done that with salt once...

Umm, TechTV reminiscing: damn you to hell comcast! G4 is television for retards. Merging TechTV into G4 resulted in G4 becoming... G4 with Xplay. All the other TechTV folks fucked off out of there or were told to fuck off. TechTV was great, actual computer nerds actually talking about computers and stuff, and then they run out of money and comcast comes along and buys them out (for really no reason at all since the only thing they did with the channel was erase it and have a few techtv type shows on G4 for a very short time and then forget about that whole experiment and revert G4 back to utter shit (not that the G4TechTV shows were any good anyways)). I don't think many Americans know of Leo's post G4 version of Call For Help, later Lab With Leo (some Aussies will know it though). It was good, for a while. The problem is just that if you're not a complete computer novice there was really nothing on offer, and his little helper monkeys were all boring and their little segments sucked. And the show became, literally, half about photography, which is like... what. Leo's just a gearfag and his photography is pitiful and nobody fucking cares.

Apparently I'm in a sour mood right now... sorry about that.

Screen Savers and Leo Laporte's other show.... Call for Help? were pretty much what got me interested in computers.

Do you still watch Leo on TWiT?

I do sometimes, but he isn't really the same I remember from TechTV.

Ugh I used to not be able to be away from home for very long, now I can't stand being here for more than a day.

Ugh I used to not be able to be away from home for very long, now I can't stand being here for more than a day.

Maybe try to just live a bit without making a "can't stand X" drama out of it? I think it would make you a much happier person - and much nicer to be around.

I'm sorry, but I fail to see how you get me whining about drama or something out of almost every single thing I post.

Maybe try to just live a bit without making a "can't stand X" drama out of it? I think it would make you a much happier person - and much nicer to be around.

Seconded.

I would like to stamp out negativity, pessimism, depression, and dudes who act like pussies on FG.

Who's with me?

*And, no, this post was not directed at xicedlovexoxo.*

Last edited:
Fourthed. The only non-negative thing posted of late is about a Hallowe'en weekend that involved making out with and groping a load of other women while very drunk and even that was somewhat distasteful IMHO.